Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HARRY-H
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re: Unable to manage email addresses from Primary BT ID login

Go to solution

Sorry that I am not replying with an answer but, strangely enough, I am also having problems with adding existing subbaccounts to the BD ID, to enable me to see them all when loging on to BT mail.

You can see all your sub accounts, if you log onto My BT and scroll down to near the bottom of the page where you will see a panel which says manage Email accounts. when you select this, a window opens showing all your sub accounts.

THis is where I have the problems. When I click add to BT ID and input the password, I get an incorrect password error.

If I try to change it for that sub account, it changes the main BT-ID password. It could be that I am doing something completely daft at this point.

Pushkar, on the Chatline, did successfully add one sub account to my BT-ID but, I stiil have the problems with the other subaccoonts HELP!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Go to solution

See link about adding sub-accounts to your BTID

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48773/c/346,6769,7012/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZ...

You should also have a look at the following links so that you know the difference between the types of accounts you can have.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50518/c/346,6769,7012/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZ...

and this link so that you can see how to manage your email accounts that are on the same BTID.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48771/c/346,6769,7012

0 Ratings
HARRY-H
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for your prompt reply. I think that my problem appears when I try to change the password for the sub account.

For some reason, it seems to change the password for the main BT ID. Obviously, I am doing something wrong, as Pushka, on the chat line, managed to successfully attach one of my sub accounts. I was then able to change the password on that with no problems.

0 Ratings
HARRY-H
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Here I am again! Replying to my own post! I think that I have now sorted the problem. The problem was ME!

when I went to add the Sub account to my BT ID ansd input the password, I got incorrect password, so selected 'forgot password'. I then entered the email address of the sub account correctly but when I got to the bit where you ente first part of the address and then select the last psrt from radio buttons, I entered the first part of my main address. THats where I went wrong, so it proceeded to reset the password of my main account. having figured that out, I have now successfully added my sub accounts to the BT ID without creating mayham elswhere.

Thank you to those who reponded to my original post. The old dog can go to bed tonight, a bit wiser!

0 Ratings