cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobswindle
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Re: Unable to receive a reset password email

Like many others I have this problem today.  I can access my yahoo BT mail via the web but can’t get my iPad access to work because the password is different or it’s locked.  Help!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unable to receive a reset password email

@Bobswindlewrote:

Like many others I have this problem today.  I can access my yahoo BT mail via the web but can’t get my iPad access to work because the password is different or it’s locked.  Help!

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Your problem sounds different to the topic discussed in this thread.

However the issue you've described is very common, and often reported in these forums.

It's not because the password is different, it's app or client access (e.g from iPad mail app) that can fail due to server access. It affects random accounts, and random email addresses at random times.

I suspect your account is BTYahoo, webmail will show a Yahoo image top left.

As you can access via webmail, the forum advice for a number of years now is to do nothing. The issue can seem to fix itself after a few hours to a few days. The thing to do is stop any device from auto-checking for emails, and perhaps simply try access via one device mail app every hour or so.

If after a few days you get no success, a password change can kickstart the system into syncing properly. When doing a password reset, don't try to access the email for at least 20 minutes - or longer as some people have found. Even then it could take until the next day for sync to happen.

Webmail access is different and nearly always works.

The reason for this problem is unclear and could be a number of things, including system lockout due to a perceived account being compromised (use of a VPN meaning the IP address of access is changed to various places), or slight account corruption, or an app trying to access the account too many times in a very short period.

It seems like no-one in BT (along with Yahoo) is prepared to get to the bottom of this issue once and for all. It has been going on for many years.

0 Ratings