cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carole10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Re: Unable to receive emails on ipad/iphone

I can no longer receive btinternet emails on my Mabook Pro only by logging onto Safari then Yahoo mail. I can receive and send iCloud emails through exactly the same settings on Apple Mail with no problem. I can also receive and send them on my iPhone. This problem has suddenly occurred with IMAP as it will not go on line. BT say it is Apple’s fault and Apple blame BT settings. I set up a Test account on my MAcBook and it still wouldn’t go online so I need BT to step up to the mark and sort this out! I have twice contacted them but they basically don’t want to know. Any ideas please as I have wasted hours on this.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

I have moved you onto your own thread because the one you posted on was problems with email on ipad/iphones and you have said your iphone email is working.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

It may be that there is a problem with the mail servers and it will resolve its self in a day or two.

If the problem has just suddenly happened and there have been no updates on your Macbook Pro I would not change any settings or passwords but it is worth checking that you do have the correct ones.

The correct BT settings are in this link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917

However, as you have said that you can reach your email via Yahoo  it would appear that you are on the BTYahoo email system and you may find that the Yahoo settings will work.

The Yahoo settings are in this link.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4075.html

0 Ratings
Carole10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Thank you. I have checked the settings on my Mac and they are correct. It is a pain as I’ve used it for the last few years without too much problem. I will keep my fingers crossed it rights itself or it could mean bye bye BT when it’s up for renewal!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 10

@Carole10wrote:
I can no longer receive btinternet emails on my Mabook Pro only by logging onto Safari then Yahoo mail. I can receive and send iCloud emails through exactly the same settings on Apple Mail with no problem. I can also receive and send them on my iPhone. This problem has suddenly occurred with IMAP as it will not go on line. BT say it is Apple’s fault and Apple blame BT settings. I set up a Test account on my MAcBook and it still wouldn’t go online so I need BT to step up to the mark and sort this out! I have twice contacted them but they basically don’t want to know. Any ideas please as I have wasted hours on this.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Your subject title says you can't receive emails on iPad/iPhone, but you say you can on iPhone in the text above - or does that solely relate to the iCloud emails on the iPhone?

How are you checking emails via Safari, is it actually going to :-

https://mail.yahoo.com

if not, can you try that and then see if the other apps/clients work.

Did this start to happen shortly before you posted?

0 Ratings
Carole10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

It is actually my MacBook rather than iPhone I can’t receive on. I can get all mail on my iPhone but on my Mac Apple mail only iCloud emails - I have to pick up my btinternet emails by logging onto BT email on safari.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

@Carole10wrote:
It is actually my MacBook rather than iPhone I can’t receive on. I can get all mail on my iPhone but on my Mac Apple mail only iCloud emails - I have to pick up my btinternet emails by logging onto BT email on safari.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Just a quick question, I assume that the iPhone is connected via your wifi to pick up emails, rather than using any data connection (3G/4G)?

If it's just started to happen, then it seems to point at the Mac - but it may not be as simple as that of course.

Hopefully someone reading using a Mac with Apple mail can confirm it's fine, or indeed otherwise.

0 Ratings
Carole10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

You’re right in that I pick up mail through Wi-fi on my iPhone. I’ve had this problem for a couple of weeks now - have taken mail off, put it back on - set up a guest account and loaded Yahoo mail which also wouldn’t go on line! The server settings on my iPhone are the same as on my Mac but IMAP still won’t go on line on my Mac - frustrating to say the least!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Did you try setting it up manually with the BT settings that I posted?

0 Ratings
Carole10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Thanks for the suggestion. I turned off the automatic server settings and put them in myself but it hasn’t made any difference.
0 Ratings