Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fireblade69
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: Unable to use BT Mail on Apple Devices

Go to solution

This morning I received an email saying that my email account had been compromised and temporarily blocked. I tried to reset it to no avail using my correct details. I contacted BT and they confirmed that my account had not been compromised and that they were moving accounts from Yahoo to their new platform and there was a problem with their coding.

I set a new password (as I was forced to do) and can access the account using webmail.

I cannot get the account to work on Mac book pro or iPhones. I have deleted accounts and tried to reinstall them using 'other' but the account does not verify.

I have tried to use BT Mail app on phone and I receive a message saying that it is not available on my account and the Yahoo app doesn't work now either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Johnpw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Go to solution

As you'll see in the thread, I wasn't able to solve my problem by taking any of the recommended steps and a Moderator contacted me to say he'd look into it. Over that weekend the Mail account which wouldn't verify on my Ipad suddenly appeared as normal and I was able to re-install a BT account on my Iphone using "Other". This wasn't due to the intervention of the Moderator - it just happened. I doubt whether any of the action I took helped and, in total, it took around 8 or 9 days for the problem to fix itself. I informed the Moderator so it may be that this particular thread is considered "solved" or "closed".

If no "expert" or Moderator intervenes here in response to your message, it may be worth re-posting it as a separate stand-alone topic - it's possibly a bit different from mine as it may be that move from Yahoo is involved. Before my own problem happened, I had already successfully reinstalled  BT accounts on all my devices in place of my BT Yahoo account.

0 Ratings
Fireblade69
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you @Johnpw 

I have contacted BT and they have confirmed that I have not been transferred over to the BT Mail just yet and think it may be as a result of the new password update.

Their suggestion was to wait 24 hours and try again, else reset the password.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You could try deleting all your accounts on all your devices and just access your email via webmail, for as long as you can stand it, minimum 24 hours. Then re-instate your accounts one at a time and check to see if they're working.

0 Ratings
Fireblade69
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Update:

I waited for 24 hours, and then all accounts were back on line. It is therefore it seems an issue with the BT servers and synchronising timeframes.

0 Ratings