Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giles1
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Re: Unable to use BT Mail on Apple Devices

Go to solution

Hi RobbieMac,

Both my father and daughter are suffering exactly the same problem as described below.  They are successfully able to use BT Mail via the BT web server, so we are confident that the email and password are correct.  However when attempting to delete and re-install the email on iOS, we get the message that user ID or password are incorrect. 

Any help in resolving this problem would be really appreciated.

Best Regards,

Giles.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
NeilO
Message 2 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @giles1 I'm sorry about that, we'll be happy to ask our email team to look into that for you. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know we got your daughters email sorted for you @giles1 . You might want to get your dad to register on the community so we can help him also.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
giles1
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks David, I will do exactly that.  Giles

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@DavidM   this is a subject that crops up fairly regularly on here. It may help others to detail exactly what the problem was and how it was resolved.

0 Ratings
Munsterman55
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Have the same problem adding a mail account on my iMac.  Never had a problem with this before.

Having removed the email and re-entering with username and password  the timer icon just goes into a loop. Tried restarting the Applemail application same issue. Webmail works fine and mail on the iPhone work  fine also just cannot inset the email account . A visible work around solution would be helpful......please providea solution to this problem.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 20.20.19.png

0 Ratings
giles1
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi there,

I'm afraid that I don't have a visible work around (other than using the web server).

I'm pleased to say that in my case David was extremely helpful in checking all of the basics were set right and he then handed the case over to the folks I describe as the "deep tech" team.  Whatever they did in the background led to both of my daughters accounts suddenly being accessible both through the Apple mobile (iOS) devices and through the Apple Mac (Catalina OS) devices.

I can only suggest that whoever you engage with through the BT help community, reference this thread and see whether the Deep Tech team can join the dots.

Hopefully, if enough people report the problem, the cure will be rolled out for everyone.

I hope it goes well.

0 Ratings
lbentley66
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I have been getting the exact same problem across all my Apple devices.  I have reset my email password and it's made no difference.  I can receive emails on them but not send any.  I have to log on to BT Mail on the web browser to do so.  This has gone on for longer than a week.  I rang BT Help and they've not heard of this problem and say it's to do with Apple(?)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Are you a BT Broadband customer or are you paying for your email through a BT Premium Email account?

0 Ratings