Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davebarker
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: Using my old email (NTL) via my BT infinity connection in outlood

Go to solution

Hi. i have been using my ntlworld address for years. I have just moved to BT and want to keep my ntlworld email address. I can receive but not send emails using the bt router. I have checked the settings in my outlook programme and they are as they are supposed to be with pop and smtp being set for ntlworld. What do i have to do, or alter the settings to to enable me to send emails from outlook keeping my ntlworld email address but using bt as my internet provider?

Any help gratefully received.

Regards

Dave 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Go to solution

If you use the BT SMTP server mail.btinternet.com, port 465, SSL ticked you will need to authenticate it with your xxxx@btinternet.com email address and password.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Are you using port 465 with authentication required ticked with your ntlworld credentials?
0 Ratings
davebarker
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for the quick replies. As far as i know i have never registered a BT email address. So do i need to create one first? Also how do i find out what port i am connected to etc?

Dave

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If you are using the NTL servers you will need to check the settings on your email client. They will be something like this but obviously in the server settings it will be what ever the NTL ones are rather than the BT ones. You may be using IMAP so the Incoming port will be shown as 993.

If you are using the BT server settings you will need to register a BT email address and use that to authenticate by using it in the outgoing server by ticking the box "Log on using" and inserting the BT email address and password.

Email3.PNGEmail2.PNGemail servers.JPG

0 Ratings
davebarker
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you once again for the quick reply. In the end all i have had to do is tick the ^use same settings as my incoming mail server" box. And hey presto it appears to work. Once again thank you for your assistance and perseverence in this matter.

Dave 

0 Ratings