cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Re-activating my email

Go to solution

Hi, I have had my email address for many years, but although looing at incoming mail have not used it for several months. Getting fed up with hotmail I decided to start using it full time., but when trying to log in a message comes up that it is not recognised. I attempted the chat which was very helpful until tellin me to go to 'your package', click on included extras and search for BT mail. There doesn't appear to be an option fpor BT mail under that heading. I have tried all sorts of other ways with no joy. I am worried as my patpal account is that email. Also it is the email that is registered with BT for problems. I cannot believe that BT would have stopped it with so much mail coming in. Help please! 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Re-activating my email

Go to solution

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately if you've not checked the email account for more than 90 days, it can be suspended, then after a further couple of months it could get deleted. See :-

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/~/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-or...

A moderator may be able to help, but you may be out of luck.

Emails being sent to an account does not keep it active, you need to check it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thank-you guru, unfortunately when I click on my package I have 'included extras' not inclusive extras' and no option for email comes up. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Dear Distinguished Sage,

Thank-you very mush for your help.  I will check this forum reguarly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @LeMans11,

I'm sorry to hear that your email has been deleted. @Andy_N is right, if you haven't accessed it in 90 days it does go into a suspended mode and then it gets deleted up to 60 days later. If it's in a suspended state you will still see it on your MyBT. However; if it has passed those 60 days then you won't have an option to access it through your MyBT. That will mean that it's too late to recover.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@DanielS wrote:

Hi @LeMans11,

I'm sorry to hear that your email has been deleted. @Andy_N is right, if you haven't accessed it in 90 days it does go into a suspended mode and then it gets deleted up to 60 days later. If it's in a suspended state you will still see it on your MyBT. However; if it has passed those 60 days then you won't have an option to access it through your MyBT. That will mean that it's too late to recover.

Thanks

DanielS

I think part of the OP's problem is that he does not have any email options in his MyBT.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks @gg30340,

@LeMans11, the email management page can be found at the following link: BT Email Management

That link will let you log directly into part of your BT ID that lets you manage any emails that are active. It also lets you create emails.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi All,

Thank-you for all your help. Afraid it looks as if I've lost the emails. Must be somewhere in the ether!

I have ckicked on the link and nothing there. By the way, I don't mind but I am a 'she!'

0 Ratings