Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phil11
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re-creating old email

Go to solution

Hi guys.

My old man used to use BT broadband and had me an email account on his main account years ago.

He's since left BT years ago and everything email-wise has obviously been deleted.

My email doesn't exist anymore, is it possible for myself to find somebody who uses BT to get them to create it for me again on their account? I only need access for a couple of things and I'd be done with it. Wouldn't mind throwing them a couple of quid for doing it. Forgot to mention, it was a @btinternet.com address.

Cheers guys,

Phil.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Re-creating old email

Go to solution

If a BT email address/account has been deleted it can not be resurrected and re-used.

0 Ratings
Phil11
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

My apologies!

I should of been clearer, his BT iD still exists and is active but he/we lost access to the email accounts through cancelling BT Broadband. He still uses the account for landline.

I've been researching, can he resurrect it using his account by going premium and recreating that way?

Thank you,

Phil.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If the email accounts have been deleted for non use he will not be able to resurrect them unless they are still in the suspended state. That includes moving to Premium email.

If he checks on his MyBT and goes to "extras" are they still there and accessible. If not it means they are gone.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/~/why-has-my-email-address-been-suspended-or-de...

0 Ratings
Phil11
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you for the replies.

I've managed to place an order for my old email address, which seperated my sub email from the main BT iD account.

This was a service offered by BT. £7.50 a month but hey ho, all good.

Cheers,

Phil.

0 Ratings