Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 26

Re: email address about to be suspended

Go to solution

OK this is exactly what I was trying to describe in my thread of last night (albeit concentrating on the suspicious behaviour pf the webchat assistant rather than the actual problem).

My wifes 'friends & family' email account has similarly been marked as 'due for deletion' when logging in via the webmail portal. Her access from her iPhone was knocked out two days ago which alerted us to the problem. This sounds a bit of a coincidence.

However neither I nor her received any warning email that this was about to occur. She is constantly synching her email every hour or so from her iPhone, and the last email she actually sent from her phone was only just over 2 months ago. So it cannot be the 90 day rule.

Logging into her BT ID account and trying to manage her email account just results in the message 'Warning - Sorry because of a technical error we're not able to continue at the moment. Please try again later'. Logging into the parent BT ID account still shows her name as a 'Friend and Family' member under 'Manage email account', but there is no option to recover the account (at least yet).

So we're stuck in limbo too. It hasn't been deleted yet apparently, but we have no way of stopping it being deleted or any idea when we will be able to recover service for my wife.

As I explained the webchat was worse than useless last night, only managing to reset my main BT ID password which was exactly not what was needed. The 'second line support' was very nice today and tried to be helpful, but unfortunately again did not have the tools for the job (even BTs email help team apparently cannot do anything with Subsidary accounts) and we are now on a 3-5 day call back for an even higher level of escalation.

As my wife uses her account to receive offers etc. constantly she is getting increasingly exasperated by this situation and the fact there appears no way to fix it. What the is going on??

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 26

Go to solution

PS I also appear to have been given a fault number for a 'loss of broadband' after reporting an email fault!

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

Another call from India script readers. Wanting to do screen shares this time! (Which I explained is never acceptable due to security issues, and which my AV blocks anyway).

Anyway after going through the password reset fiasco again this time on my wife’s BT ID (and failing to achieve anything again as I told him would be the case, but his script wouldn’t let him deviate) it has been ‘escalated to the back end team’.... which was what as going to be done last Friday 😡

These script readers clearly only have the ability to reset BT ID account passwords. When this doesn’t work (in this case not resulting in the ability to recover my wife’s account from the main BT ID) they cannot do anything else. Waste of time.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

I have moved you onto your own thread to allow you to get relevant answers/help to your problem rather than confusing answers with the thread you were on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take over 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks gg30340 - In addition to India I have spoken to both a man in Ireland on Friday and had a callback from a British case manager on Saturday - this lady was sympathetic and said that it was probably because my wife has not SENT an email for 90 days, and that just logging on to servers to download message was not sufficient to maintain an account. She said she would escalate, but if all that lady managed to do was arrange the call from the script reader in the 'technical team' today then this isn't going to get fixed any time soon.

I just got the impression that the the script readers job was actually to prevent the fault getting escalated to the people who could do something about it. He didn't want to know about the various people on this community with this issue, rather to find a reason to halt the fault for not following a step on his script.

Here is the error message that appears when trying to manage email settings from my Wifes BT ID. He was insisting that he had to actually see it on a screen share rather than me describing it to him....

IMG_0608 (002).png

He also pointedly didn't answer my question when I asked him whether he was third line support as I had been promised; it was obvious why he didn't answer that because he wasn't.

He also told me the date by which I needed to recover my wifes account before it was fully deleted, when I was trying to explain to him that I had no ability / option to do this through either the main or my wifes BT ID, which is why I need it escalated!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @Colin_London,

I'll take a look into everything for you to find out what happened and see if it can be recovered. Get in touch with me by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods.

Thanks

DanielS

Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks DanielS - I have sent you the information via the link provided.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks for doing that @Colin_London.

If it's not myself, one of the team will be in touch with you over the next few days. They will speak to me about it.

In the meantime, can you ask your Wife to check the account today as I believe work has been carried out on it so it should be accessible.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @Colin_London,

I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you. I've checked that email address and it does look like the email team have resolved the issue and the address is showing as active again. Please can you check if that the address is back working?

Thanks

PaddyB