cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sitmosa
Message 2 of 5

Re: email login frustration

I agree fully.  In addition, it does not happen when I log in on my Android phone or my iPad.  It only occurs in WIndows 10.  Why? Why? Why?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
njac1434
Message 1 of 5

email login frustration

I find the new security arrangement for emails annoying.It use to be that when logging in you could ask to be kept signed in.Now there is a 20min inactivity limit which requires you to log in again.This is annoying and frustrating when you are communicating with several people each person replying could be longer than 20 minuts answering.I am a private person not in business,no other person uses this computer so I find it frustrating having to log in several times.I would like to find another service which does not have this strict limit.  Any suggestions please

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Just one of a number of reasons why an email client such as Thunderbird is a better choice than using webmail. It will download new messages automatically in no time, leaving you to deal with them at your leisure. Right tool, better job.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

You are using webmail via a web browser on Windows 10.

The reason it doesn't happen on your phone or iPad is because you are using an email client/app to access your email.

It just logs on, accesses your email then logs out. It only logs on again when you want to check for new emails or send.

It does all that automatically because you entered your log on details when you first set it up.

As has been suggested you should consider using an email client instead of a browser and the "problem" will go away.

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

@pottypersonwrote:

Just one of a number of reasons why an email client such as Thunderbird is a better choice than using webmail. It will download new messages automatically in no time, leaving you to deal with them at your leisure. Right tool, better job.

Then you find you can't connect to the email server for long periods.

e.g. all this morning so far for me.

It's been happening for years, BT don't seem to have a clue what's wrong, and aren't interested in fixing it.

0 Ratings