cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: iPhone mail error message “Bt server not responding”

 Hi 

I have exactly same problem - keep getting error message but when I take it off Wi-Fi and use 4g I get my email messages coming through. Any idea what the solution is?

IMG_0020.jpeg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: iPhone mail error message “Bt server not responding”

It is possibly a problem with a BT email server.  Is it the same if you use another wifi network or only when you use your home wifi.

If it works on another network you should try turning your BT hub off for 15 minutes and when you turn it back on you will probably be connected to a different email server.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

BT error message when checking on iPhone apple mail app

For the last 2 weeks I intermittently get an error message when checking BT emails on my iphone on the apple mail app. The error message is “Account Error: Btinternet details”.  When I click on the details bit it says ‘Cannot get mail. The mail servicer ‘mail.btinternet.com’ is not responding. Verify you have entered correct account inform in mail settings’.   I go to check email via same way on iphone a moment or so later and email works fine and the emails come through, then  check again  minute later and I get error message.  Also if I turn to mobile 4g when I get the error message the emails come in fine and work as normal.    Checking emails via logging in to BT website and checking mail on my macbook app is also fine and no error message.  This is more of an annoyance as I would like to resolve the error message on my phone and I don’t know why it has suddenly showed this message.  I have had this issue for the last 2 weeks, however my husband has now said he has regularly had this error message.  We have full BT broadband (I think full fibre) about 6 months ago along with phone line.  Any suggestions what errors messages can be. TIA

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Re: BT error message when checking on iPhone apple mail app

Have you tried a different email app? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Re: BT error message when checking on iPhone apple mail app

Hi

haven’t tried any other email app, only the apple app one. I only use home Wi-Fi or my mobile 4g. Will try switching off for 15 mins. Thank you 

0 Ratings