cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patters_uk
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re-import a friends and family email address

I created a F&F email address some time ago and that address is listed in the "Email addresses you have given friends and family" section of the MYBT manage email accounts section. I would like to re-import that address so I can manage it on their behalf.

I thought it would be as simple as importing it back but I get told it is already linked to my account so that operation fails. Do I need to "remove it from my account" first ?  I am obviously reluctant to do this without clarification in case it goes totally missing.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Re-import a friends and family email address

Did whoever you gifted it to link it with their BTID, if not the gifting process probably wouldn't have completed fully and the address is in limbo.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

See the following link and sub links about "gifting" an email address to somebody else.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/account-set-up/how-do-i-create-and-activate-a-new...

EDIT:

If you are in contact with the moderators due to your other problem you should inform them about this in case it is all related

0 Ratings
patters_uk
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

It was a related question and I’ve let the moderators know. The gifted email address is associated with its own btid so I think I’ll leave it alone 

0 Ratings