cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suzanne4
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Re: password reset - BT Yahoo - I am going round in circles

Please can someone help - for no reason this morning I was locked out of bt email a/c

I am not sure whether the 'change p'w' was accepted, I can't ask for the p/w to be emailed to me as it won't accept my mother's maiden name - I am going round in circles

Thanks

Suzanne

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Are you on BTYahoo or BTMail. Use this link to check if you are not sure.

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

Why did you change your password, were you advised to do that?

Have you re-tried logging in with your old password? https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Exactly the same for me at the moment. Can't log in via Outlook or webmail. Can't reset.

I'm still on Yahoo.

Something has got screwed up on the server I guess.

0 Ratings
suzanne4
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

All of a sudden just before I went out at 1915 the problem suddenly went and my old password was accepted. What is worrying to me is that, as I thought parhaps my password had been reset so needed the password, I could access the 'I have forgotten my password' zone, and was then asked to enter various personal details including the answer to my chosen question. Once entered I could go no further - the enter/forward button was deactivated. There was no doubt that I had entered the correct word/case but I was then stuck.....

Whether this solved it or not I don't know but I went through the yahoo site and signed on there, once signed in then bingo I was on the btyahoo site.

I did check the answer to my chosen question and I was correct - yet it wasn't accepted.

What a site - it's not designed for use in the real world

Thanks for all your advice

Suzanne

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Not resolved for me yet, guess I just have to twiddle my thumbs and wait it out. I'll give it another day then attempt to get something out of the customer "help" line. Smiley Sad

Still, it could be worse - at least I haven't been transferred to the new BT Mail yet.

0 Ratings
ianto1
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

The reason is is that the BT email server has a problem and apparently will not be fixed until 14th March.It took my hours of chatting and phoning to get this answer. The work around is to use

mail.yahoo.com

and get BT to give you a password which you can't change!!

Not ideal but it's the best that they can offer.

What really annoyed me was that I only got clarification by going to level 2 support in India on Sunday, after being fobbed off on Saturday

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

You're work around will not work if/when you are migrated away from BTYahoo to BTMail.

I may be wrong but how/why did/can BT give you a password that you can not change? The whole idea of a password is to offer some sort of security to you and that you can change it as and when you choose.

In my opinion you have been fobbed off by level 2 support.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Well whatever the problem, it isn't fixed for me still.

I guess I'm just going to have to steel myself and ring the idiot line Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Arkenstall
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

I am having the same problem except that now the password server is down so I can't change the password! Three calls to support (who reset the password) and three days of irritation and still no change as its not working again this morning. Does anyone have any idea of what is going on?

0 Ratings
SteveRat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

I've got exactly the same issue
0 Ratings