cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clive50
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Re: talk21

What a total **bleep**ing joke Talk21 is..... I tried to change my password and it won't let me!  Says I have to fone some **bleep**ing number for security reasons!  Ever since BT took over this account from Yahoo its been completely screwed up by BT.  What a bunch of pure idiots they are!  Changing passwords should be easy and, yet you mupp[ets make it almost impossible.  Puire idiots the laot of you.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
clive50
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Go to Hotmail, go to Mail.com.... but please, never, ever use this aweful service they call Talk21.  It's been ruined by idiots......

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 3 of 3

@clive50wrote:

Go to Hotmail, go to Mail.com.... but please, never, ever use this aweful service they call Talk21.  It's been ruined by idiots......

I have had multiple 'talk21' addresses since 1994. It was initially operated by Sky under the ethos of being communication for the 21st century, hence the name. It has gone through many owners since, before landing on BT's plate.

Yes, under Yahoo it did seem to operate seamlessly with good functionality, but last year when it migrated to BT, many anomalies surfaced.  Even now, the 'rules' still don't work, all functionality of viewing photos have disappeared (zoom etc), and in WebMail, you no longer get a 'new email' notification on any of your sub folders. These issues have been promised to be sorted with v2.20 due for release within the next 3 weeks.

Password issues have been exacerbated by BT insisting you oversee your 'talk21' email by having an account with them. I pay £7.50/month for 'premium' when some years ago I was blackmailed  by the threat of having my 20+year old accounts deleted unless I paid (free if your broadband came from BT).

So if I hit the 'MyBT' option and login, I get access to all my passwords.

I'm sure if you do call with a password issue, and get your account on the proper BT footing, you should have no further issues. Though roll on v2.20!!

0 Ratings