cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srome
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Reactivate old email address

I've just come back to BT after a long spell away and I'd like to know if its possible to reactivate

a really old email address that I've not used in over 10 years??

Just want some idea if it can be done before I start chasing my tail ringing BT up.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Reactivate old email address

Hi srome,

If the email is spare and no one else has taken it there should be no reason why you can't have it back.  You can register new emails as part of your BT broadband. For more info on how to set this up check out this link

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hmm...

If we delete your email address because you no longer use it, we won’t give it out to anyone else. If you decide to create a new email address later, you won’t be able to use your old address and will have to create a new one.

If you think you might want to use your email address in the future, just make sure you keep using it. You only need to log in once every 150 days.

(my bold)

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43867/

FAQ #6

0 Ratings
srome
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I spoke to the first advisor via email and all they said was go into my account and add the email address there as I get 11 free email addresses, they had no understanding of the question asked (I can only assume they had a lack of understanding of the English Language) another chap from some tech part of BT rang me at almost 21:00 bit late in the day to be pestered by anyone, anyway he says its impossible to get them back, saying that he kept bleeting on about adding email addresses via my BT account..

Not to worrie though, I've decided to terminate my contract early due to the price rise in December, Due to HH5 constant restarts and poor first line support.

0 Ratings