cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 46

Re: Received email with no sender, no subject and message converted to plain text

Thanks for the bcc tip. I will ask the sender to try that.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 46

Re: Received email with no sender, no subject and message converted to plain text

The emails I have received with No Sender No Subject have originated from senders with gmail addresses.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 46

Same here.  The problem we are seeing is when sending to a bcc group from a gmail account the btinternet recipients see txt within the mail  saying  ‘this message  is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.’ 

sending same mail directly to the  user shows fine and appears happy the mail reader does support MIME 1.0 

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 46

Hi Leanne,

This problem is obviously a concern to many BT users, far more than in this community. You have said previously that these comments have been passed on to their IT dept so is there any response from them? I am sure that the users need some sort of update from BT asap! 

Your input I am sure will be appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 46

Apparently Leanne is off today. Another moderator replied and said that they would feed back when they had anything to report.  

David

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 46

So:

It's ten days since I first posted this. I also tried to get it resolved via bt tekkie help.

Results to date - zero, except a lot of people with exactly the same issue.

Is it a lack of interest on BT's part of just a lack of competence?

a bit worrying when a paid for service is outperformed by a free one like gmail!

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 46

Hi Charles,

Understand and share your frustration, try the following:- 

• In Outlook have the offending email highlighted
  • Just click the magnifying glass icon in the search bar top left of Outlook.
  • You should see an option "Message Option" if not type "Message Options" into the search bar.
  • The box labelled "Properties" appears, screen grab below FYI.
  • Scroll down the lower box tilted "Internet Headers"
  • There is a lot of Syntax you will have to scroll through.
  • Eventually you will find the offending spammer of phisher  email which you can then block in the usual manner.

Hmmmm_0-1725662441248.png

Hope this helps Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 46

Hi everyone. 

The team have completed testing and found the root cause of the messages showing incorrectly. 

A fix is now in place for any new messages that are sent, this will not change any previous emails that have been received. 

Thanks.

Leanne. 

Message 39 of 46

Thank you, fingers crossed that the fix will work. I probably won't know until later in the week.

David

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 46

Let me know how you get on @davidym 

Leanne 🙂

0 Ratings