cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Receiving emails for someone with same name but at btopenworld domain

Go to solution

I recently had to change my BT account (which I'd had for 21 years!) through no fault of my own following a house move which meant I had to choose a new email address, with btinternet domain name. I chose this from those offered by BT. I don't use this email ordinarily but thought I'd try it out.

Since then, I've received several emails for someone with same name but at btopenworld domain. These emails are usually delivery/tracking notifications and are showing the other person's address.

I'm not too happy about this as my thinking is that if I'm getting the other person's emails. they could be getting mine?

I've contacted BT via online agent but they say there's nothing wrong.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I have linked my previous 21 year old email to my new BT account now...can I safely delete the new email address they allocated to me?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Receiving emails for someone with same name but at btopenworld domain

Go to solution

Btopenworld and btinternet addresses are totally interchangeable and are the same thing.

The emails you are receiving in error are simply the result of somebody either mistyping the address or giving the sender incorrect details.

You can't actually delete the address, but if you stop using it, it will eventually get deleted

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Receiving emails for someone with same name but at btopenworld domain

Go to solution

The email address with btinternet.com and btopenworld domains are interchangeable and are the same.

It is possible that who ever is using the btopenworld domain has a similar email address, perhaps with a full stop or a number in it and this is not being used by the companies. 

If you now have your old email address working you can delete the other email account.

0 Ratings