cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr_zerostate
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Recent Activity?

Is there somewhere where I can check recent activity on my BT account (notably logins and attempted logins into my email accounts).

I am concerned over security of services registered to the BT email address, and would like to know if someone is trying to access my email too (they all use different passwords).

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Recent Activity?

There is not a facility for users to do that.

Do you have a specific reason that makes you suspect that somebody is trying to access it?

0 Ratings
mr_zerostate
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

The email address is fairly unique, checking on HaveIBeenPwned the address was only exposed once (a few years ago) in a CC email list pasted onto a website.

But recently I have been receiving a few attempts at password resets to my Netflix account etc. I am trying to analyse if someone is attempting to use this email address and see what they can access with it. The obvious question is to see whether they are trying to access the actual email account or not.

Outlook has a feature to show attempted logins etc. I expected BT to have similar.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

As I have said it is not possible on BT. Even if it was it would not show where the email address had been used or attempted to be used. If you are using it as a logon user name it is only acting as a string of text, not an email address. 

If you could check on BT it would only show if there had been access or attempted access to your actual email account.

If there is a problem with Netflix that may be the place to address it.

0 Ratings