cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Recover deleted BT internet account

Last night, I deleted my BT Internet account from Outlook as I didn't think I needed it. I have just realised all of my saved important emails from the past that I do need have obviously gone with the account. Can I restore the account to recover these emails from the sub-folders. I have logged in through bt.com to my account but the sub folders do not show from there, they were only showing on the Outlook on my PC... Many thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Recover deleted BT internet account

Just deleting the account shouldn't have deleted the .PST file. Just re-create the account and then go to account settings > data file > add and navigate to the .PST file and add it to the account. If you already have another account on Outlook just add the .PST file to that instead if you prefer.

If your account was set up as POP3 rather than IMAP, sent mail and folders are not stored on the mail server so will not be available via webmail.

Message 3 of 10

Thanks that’s really helpful
Fingers crossed I will try when I get home
Is the .pst file likely to be called the folder name.pst
Sorry for my ignorance but I’m a bit of a novice!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

If you do an Internet search for "where is my PST file in (which ever operating system you have) you should be able to find where it is on your computer.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Or just do a file search for *.pst in File Explorer.

When you click on  Data File > Add,  Outlook should open explorer at the right location and the file should be obvious.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 10

Thanks very much
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I’ve just tried to do this but realise it isn’t Outlook but Windows live mail 2011, any advice!

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Windows Live mail stores emails as individual .eml files.

The folders on my machine are in C:\users\user\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

where user is obviously your login name.

You should be able to move the folders around in Explorer to restore the contents to an appropriate place, Storage Folders if necessary.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

You may find that the App Data file is hidden which is why I suggested that you do an Internet search, the result of which will give you instructions how to "un hide" the App data file and find the PST  elm file.

EDIT: My mistake, now edited. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

............or .eml files 😉