Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranC0x
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Redirection to BT mail after login

Hiya, 

Whenever I attempt to login to access my dashboard, bills, profile, etc. I keep getting redirected to BT mail. I've tried different browsers, clearing cookies, clicking home from the BT mail screen but I just can't access my dashboard anymore. The only thing I can view on my account is my mail. I was wondering if anyone had any advice?

Thank you

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
NeilO
Message 2 of 10

Re: Redirection to BT mail after login

Hi @FranC0x welcome to the community and thanks for posting, are you sure you're logging in with your Primary BT ID? It sounds like the ID you're logging into doesn't have the correct permissions to view the account details.

To check which role is attached to your BT ID, please follow the steps below:

1. Log in to My BT >
  2. Click on Settings and Your account
  3. Scroll down and you’ll see if you’re an Account holder or Account manager

If your BT ID is linked to more than one account number, it's possible to have a different account status for each account.

Post back and let me know how you get on.

0 Ratings
PatRen
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

I get the same problem also.

But I don't have the option to check whether I am the Account Holder or Account Manager as this isn't available in my settings.

I keep getting reminders about setting up a BT ID but am caught in constant loop.

0 Ratings
NeilJAngove
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Hello NeilO.

I have just picked-up the same problem. I type-in the correct Primary ID and password. I am an Account Manager. I have NEVER had this problem before. The 'Your Homepage' screen appears very briefly, then relocates only to my webmail. I've tried different browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari) and ALL re-route me to my webmail. HELP, please..?

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 10

Hi @NeilJAngove welcome to the forum and sorry you are having this problem. 

I know you have said you are the account manager but many people have multiple email addresses set up and is it possible you are using one of your other email addresses? If not and it is the correct email address then have a chat with the Billing Chat Team and they'll be able to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
NeilJAngove
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Hello JohnC2. Thanks for your reply. Although my wife and I do have three @btinternet.com addresses, I'm using the same email address to log-in that I've been using for many years (with no issues). This is the first time I've had this problem. You suggest the Billing Chat Team - I'll try them...

0 Ratings
NeilJAngove
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Hmmm. The Billing Chat Team isn't what I'm looking for. I've also tried different devices, but they all redirect me to my webmail. Because I'm unable to access 'MyBT', I'm also unable to separate my passwords from the MyBT service and that of my email. I'm going around in circles...

0 Ratings
JP4
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

I'm having exactly the same problem, I log into MyBT and it redirects to emails. I click on MyBT again and it opens up a new login page which just refreshes no matter how many times I sign in. Tried on multiple browsers, cleared browsing data, tried on private mode. Any advice about what to do next would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
JP4
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Message 12 of this thread seems to solve the problem! You need to update the password for one of your log ins:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BTID-redirects-straight-to-email/td-p/2063395/page/2

0 Ratings
NeilJAngove
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

RESOLVED

Thanks everyone for your replies and help. For information, my version of this issue has been resolved using a different method, as follows:

Begin by typing this simple web address: bt.com/mybt

This opens the MyBT login page. Type your BT ID, then Password to access MyBT Homepage: https://my.bt.com/s/apps/appsmybt/#/home

I was given a separate login address for webmail, to avoid confusion: https://bt.com/email

Hope this is of help for others…