Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A4REY
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

Repeat Log in requests

Advice please-

BT Mail Login - I keep getting requests to log in on the Sign In page,

I enter my Mail address and password and tick the box for keep signed in, then next time I return to mail I get the Sign in page ?   And again next time I return to mail, and again .

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Repeat Log in requests

Is your browser set to delete cookies when closing. If so untick that option or place BTMail into the exceptions/allowed box.

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 3 of 17

@gg30340wrote:

Is your browser set to delete cookies when closing. If so untick that option or place BTMail into the exceptions/allowed box.

Unfortunately this is not the issue, it only started on the launch of v2.18.1, prior to this there was no problem at all with being auto logged out...

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

@Stephen5000 wrote:

@gg30340wrote:

Unfortunately this is not the issue, it only started on the launch of v2.18.1, prior to this there was no problem at all with being auto logged out...

Are you aware that it only started for the OP since the last update or are you just guessing?

0 Ratings
A4REY
Beginner
Message 5 of 17

Hi, I have tried the suggestion, re uncheck "Block all cookies, already unchecked?

Have switched off the cross checking box? lets see if that does anything, Thanks, I'll be back if it continues.

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 6 of 17

@gg30340wrote:

@Stephen5000wrote:

@gg30340wrote:

Are you aware that it only started for the OP since the last update or are you just guessing?

Absolutely 'guessing' as that issue with me only started with v2.18.1 LOL

0 Ratings
A4REY
Beginner
Message 7 of 17

By adding BT Mail to my desktop I am able to open it easily. However the BT Mail sign in page is still cropping up regularly but I just close it down as I can use the desktop link. Any ideas how I stop the BT Mail sign in page popping up please ?

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 8 of 17

@A4REYwrote:

. Any ideas how I stop the BT Mail sign in page popping up please ?

Just to clarify, when you say the sign in page, 'pops up', do you mean that you are logged into your email, and it logs you out showing the full login screen again?

0 Ratings
A4REY
Beginner
Message 9 of 17

No I am usually working on something else, and Bt log in pops up, I just close it , and can open Bt Mail directly off my desktop without having to log in.

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 10 of 17

@A4REYwrote:

No I am usually working on something else, and Bt log in pops up, I just close it , and can open Bt Mail directly off my desktop without having to log in.

So, you are using a client to work with your emails, like Thunderbird or Outlook?

0 Ratings