cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 91 of 122

Re: Repeated attempts at logging into email

This DOES NOT resolve the issue. Many of us are NOT  tech savvy, all we want is to get back onto our emails and I'm sure we expect BT to solve this quick.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 92 of 122

In my experience, changing browsers can provide a short term solution.  I have had the problem on Edge, Chrome and Firefox.  For a while, I could get intermittent access via Firefox.  Then, for the last few days, Firefox did not work at all and I am currently using Chrome.  On past experience, I expect Chrome to fail soon and it will be back to pot luck again.

As someone who has been experiencing this issue since 20 April, I am not happy with the lack of response from BT.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 93 of 122

I seem to have cured the problem in Firefox, maybe temporarily by following the advice given earlier in the thread and switching off the Mcafee in the add-ons in Firefox. Doubly annoying as the anti-virus is supplied to BT subscribers by BT!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 94 of 122

Has any body entertained the idea that it could be Firefox that is causing the problem with McAfee rather than McAfee causing the problem with Firefox.

Personaly I doubt it because McAfee is prone to causing problems but you never know.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 95 of 122

I have also had problems logging into my account. Changed passwords 7 times, also spoke to BT Chat!!!! Reading through this post, I have now turned off VPN and can now log in successfully. Appreciate that not everyone has VPN so the problem has not been solved but for those that do - suggest you try it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 96 of 122

I thought it was fixed but after another frustrating day yesterday I thought I would lodge a complaint but I needed to get into My BT to do that and I am locked out.
Any ideas how we get BT to take notice? The press???
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 97 of 122

It worked first time today!  Is this just luck or have BT got their finger out?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 98 of 122

Having successfully logged in yesterday by turning off VPN, the website crashed again when I turned it back on!!!! Problem not solved but at least I can access the account

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 99 of 122

I've been following these posts as I had a similar problem, couldn't log in to MyBT or email. 

Someone suggested turning off VPN, and that has worked for me. Now I think about it, the problem started just after AVG updated my internet security, so now I need to see if there's a was to exclude the BT sites from the settings. 

Turning off the VPN works for me, just have to remember to turn it back on after I log out of BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 100 of 122

Hi all,

Thanks for letting us know switching off the VPN has fixed this for you. @scotchegg, have you had a look at Logging in to email problems ? Is this what might be causing your problems?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings