Distinguished Sage
Message 62 of 122

Re: Repeated attempts at logging into email

@lin16 wrote:

I agree

This problem has just appeared today.

Have never had problem before.

Why has there been no update?

BT should actually put the effort in to make their system work properly.

If they actually cared about their customers they would put in resources to fix this and sort it for their customers.

Please give customers an update.

I guess you haven't bothered to read the previous posts and the update that was given in message 43 dated 21.05.20

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 63 of 122

My  BT email login works my PC but not on my laptop, where since midday today I get the red message about checking my username and password. Please sort this problem, BT!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 64 of 122

Whats a VPN - I wish people would not use abbreviations

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 65 of 122

@mtwight wrote:

Whats a VPN - I wish people would not use abbreviations

Google is your friend.

see link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 66 of 122

I take it you were joking that you expect all BT customers with the access problem to understand that Wikipedia explanation of VPN. Also the belated response from a BT person yesterday was hardly the solution!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 67 of 122

Yes, did read.

'We recognise that some of you are reporting this issue while not using a VPN........'

Would appreciate said update.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 68 of 122

@BruceG wrote:

I take it you were joking that you expect all BT customers with the access problem to understand that Wikipedia explanation of VPN. Also the belated response from a BT person yesterday was hardly the solution!

I have no expectations of what BT customers will or will not understand because if I did I would have expected them to do their own Internet search to find out what a VPN is rather than having to be spoon fed.

How is the response belated?  An update usually comes when there is new information to update the known information and that is what appears to have happened, unless of course you already knew that VPN IP addresses were causing the problem and that BT were still investigating the problem for those that do not use a VPN. 

I do not think it was given as the solution. It appeared to be an update with what was causing the problem for some people along with a work around and that BT were still investigating what was causing the problem as well as for those who do not use a VPN. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 122

It was belated because it was a month since the problem was raised on this thread alone.

Thankyou for supporting the community.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 70 of 122

Hello Sean from BT,

just to add to the picture this started this week when I was getting a message from BT that there were problems with email.Interestingly when I access the home page it routinely provides me with two duplicate pages, so I delete one of them. Help! I have been a customer of BT for many many years and am reasonably competent at sorting out problems on my lap top. There must be a reason so many of us are having similar issues during a broadly recent period of time. Looking for a resolution.....

0 Ratings