cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 71 of 122

Re: Repeated attempts at logging into email

Just spent an hour changing all my passwords and not being able to access my email, and then also failing to get into my bt either, before checking this thread.

I have noted the reply on page 4 so have checked. Cannot get into my emails at all via firefox (my default browser) which as far as I'm aware does not use a VPN.

Downloaded opera which does use a VPN and you can't get in. If you turn the VPN off you can access emails.

Also you can access emails through Chrome.

Being able to access your emails/bt account depending on pot luck with what browser you use is clearly completely ludicrous but up to BT's normal standard of service. Surely this is an issue which BT should get to grips with.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 72 of 122

I've found that Chrome still works on my laptop when accessing my BT email, but now Microsoft Edge has joined Firefox on the device in generating the error message, which I have never seen before yesterday.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 73 of 122

Re: Error code id006

I can't sign in at all to BT Mail this morning (on laptop). Have changed my password twice and also tried a different browser, but it just won't have it. Can't log in to BT.com either (uses same log in).

Also noticed, when I changed password for 1st time  - hours ago -  it didn't send me a confirmation text. When I did it the 2d time, I got two texts.

On my mobile it's still working but not updating - ie I'm seeing only old messages.

I'm reluctant to report it as a fault because they always 1/ assume it's your fault, 2/ take you round a basic rigmarole that I have already done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 74 of 122

Agree with gullsfan

Being able to access your emails/bt account depending on pot luck with what browser you use is clearly completely ludicrous...... Surely this is an issue which BT should get to grips with.

Would appreciate the promised update.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 122

Please remember I started this topic, and I don't want any flaming from anyone just some help, action and a solution.

Saturday, approaching lunchtime, and as yet haven't managed to access email on laptop - all in all, a bad day. Been trying since about 8am. Will keep trying, as I really need to be in!

I'm aware there may be several topics on here about this same problem which many people seem to be experiencing. When BT find the solution I only hope we all get notified, or maybe we shall just notice as we'll be able to access email just as before. I just hope it's very soon - as the pressure and vocal are mounting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 76 of 122

If you are using firefox disable mcafees web advisor from the add on menu on the settings page. That will do the trick.

Alternatively download opera browser and use that (make sure the VPN is turned off though)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 77 of 122

The fix for this issue is to disable the McAfee Webadvisor extension/addon in Firefox

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 78 of 122

Interestingly, I've refreshed laptop as I did earlier in week, and at 2nd attempt now have email access. The same happened mid week - after heaps of frustration at not getting logged on, I refreshed laptop and gained access v quickly.

I don't use Firefox, but I do use Mcafee LiveSafe. So what do you suggest I may try? Please say in very simple layman terms, I'm no IT geek!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 79 of 122

I dont use McAfee or Firefox, so some of the "fixes" mentioned may work in some cases but are not the total solution!

I just dont want the BT reps walking away from this thinking it is sorted.. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 80 of 122

Sorry but the BT reply is of no use to me as I don't use VPN. My email is fine via my phone but every attempt at login on my PC tells me my username/password is wrong. I've changed my password twice this morning, each time updating on my phone which works perfectly but still won't be accepted on laptop, where all my imprtant folders/files are kept! " hours and I still can't access email on my laptop. Really sorry if I'm covering ground others have already ploughed but I need help!! Cheers

0 Ratings