cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 81 of 122

Re: Repeated attempts at logging into email

Sorry again....made myself look stupid as should've read all the contributions first! Works on Chrome which will get me through today, Cheers
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 82 of 122

This worked for me hurrah......wtf...all this hassle of changing email passwords etc hopefully this will now cease. Thanks for finding this out, much appreciated
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 83 of 122

seeing that BT seem not to be that  interested, perhaps we should start to ask for a refund. Money talks!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 84 of 122

Absolutely no wiser after reading some of the Wikipaedia article, it doesn't mean a thing to me. I don't know if I've got a VPN, I don't think so as I access my emails through the BT website. All I want is for my email to work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 85 of 122

Good afternoon, just wanted to post, anyone having problems with logging in to BT mail. It appears to be a problem with Firefox today. I have spoken to BT and the gentlemen guided me through reset problems. I tried under google Chrome and had no problems logging on. Hope this is of some help

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 86 of 122

I am not using a VPN but have difficulty logging into email and into MyBT, particularly using FireFox.  I have tried removing all BT-related cookies and erasing all BT visits from my history but to no avail.  Currently I am using Edge but only by going direct to dantes email.  I thought that it was just me but clearly there are many of us affected and probably a considerable number who cannot get into the system to complain.  Presumably a recent update had introduced some incompatibility.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 87 of 122

Re: No log-on to BT Mail at the moment

This morning could not log into my Bt mail on my Hp laptop ,said change password so i did so ,still no luck. So i rang Bt on 0800 800 150 had a nice chat with one of there people .I ended up being able to log into my bt through my chrome browser instead of my Firefox browser .Also like many logging in on my iphone or ipad no issue at all .So the thing so far we concluded it has to be a issue on Firefox browser but the guy i spoke to was sending all my issue and also told him about other members from the community that are facing big log in issues ..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 88 of 122

The point is that not being able to log on to your email is quite a major thing. Like most other people I changed my passwords only to find I  couldn't get into my bt either.

Luckily I didn't bother ringing the helpline as no doubt that would have been a couple of hours of my life I would never have got back.

People pay top whack for BT subscription and is it really good enough that you have to ferret around a forum to try and find a fix for something that should really work. Surely if BT have updated the email system they should have made sure it was compatable with all the major browsers first before rolling it out - or if they have cocked it up then at least send all their customers am email advising them of the problem.

That would have saved everyone loads of time

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 122

No abbreviations? What, like BT? Try typing "VPN" into Google - it's remarkably simple.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 90 of 122

It wouldn't have helped to send an email to the thousands who are presumably still struggling to get into their email! Like, at work I can only log faults on my computer by filling in an online form....
0 Ratings