cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 55

Re: Replacement for Classic Mail E Mail

Mail Options > Filter > Add Filter > set the box SENDER with the Spam Arrest email address >  then in the box deliver email to the folder, enter the name of the foder that you want all the Spam Arrest emails to go to. I  suspect it will be the new inbox you made.

An easier way would be to use an email client like Windows Live Mail, Outlook or Thunderbird and just have it set up to access your Spam Arrest email account directly. This would save you even having to go anywhere near BTYahoo.

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 32 of 55

Just received this email myself & by the 'tone' of it suspected it might be a scam until I found this thread.

I'm pretty sure I've already 'upgraded' but as I use Outlook and bearing in mind the recent hacking problems, don't wish to log in to my account via webmail at the moment.

According to the info on the BT help pages: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34259/~/changing-to-the-new-bt-yahoo-mail-%E2%80%93-c...   you can always upgrade after the closure date anyway (not that I suspect it is neccessary unless you only use BT Yahoo Mail to access your emails).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 33 of 55

@Colin_London wrote:

Sorry - it seems that this upgrade is only for people who joined a long time ago. I must have been using the 'new' webmail since I joined last June because there is no sign of an 'upgrade' option when I follow the link in the email...... so why did I get the confusing email in the first place?!

and

@LesC wrote:

I'm pretty sure I've already 'upgraded' but as I use Outlook and bearing in mind the recent hacking problems, don't wish to log in to my account via webmail at the moment.

I have a primary e-mail account and two associated sub-accounts. I upgraded them all to the new BTYahoo webmail interface a long time ago and forgot all about it as I use IMAP client programs to access my mail.

So why did I get the upgrade message recently just for my two sub-accounts and not the primary account? I checked by logging on to all three accounts via the webmail interface and sure enough they all have the new interface and there is no option to upgrade.

I sent an e-mail query about it to BT via the suggested link and it said submitted and gave me a reference number (always nice!). However, I have not received any confirmation of receipt via e-mail. Nothing at all via e-mail. Silence. Smiley Indifferent

I will be annoyed if anything happens to my sub-accounts on June 3rd.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 55

I also have a couple of sub accounts along with the main one. I have received the upgrade emails on all three accounts but not at the same time. I seem to remember that they came some weeks apart.

As long as you are using all your accounts, and checking them via your email client, you are logging into them under the terms and conditions.

Check out this link about them.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43867/~/changes-to-email-terms-and-conditions

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 35 of 55

According to the help page:

Common questions

I've received an email from BT telling me that I need to upgrade to new BT Yahoo! Mail?
If you click on the link in the email and end up straight in your Inbox then you've already upgraded to the new BT Yahoo! Mail and you don’t need to do anything more.

But that doesn't explain why BT unnecessarily sent me the upgrade warning message to just two of my three e-mail addresses. It makes me wonder if a flag is set incorrectly on the system for them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 55

I can only assume that the email was sent out to all BTYahoo email users to ensure that everybody got it and if they lose their email because they never upgraded BT can not be held responsible. It is no doubt easier to do it that way than try and sort out who joined when and who has already upgraded.

They would appear to be doing this in batches as customers are reporting having received the email at different dates.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 37 of 55

@gg30340 wrote:

I also have a couple of sub accounts along with the main one. I have received the upgrade emails on all three accounts but not at the same time. I seem to remember that they came some weeks apart.

As long as you are using all your accounts, and checking them via your email client, you are logging into them under the terms and conditions.

Thanks for the info.

So this is a blanket warning sent out to all BT e-mail address? It certainly isn't worded like that. If so then I expect I'll also get it for my primary account some time later (and ignore it accordingly). 

... and yes, I access all three accounts daily via PC or smartphone so won't be affected by the other 150 day non-use  change in the terms. 

0 Ratings
DWL63
Contributor
Message 38 of 55

Me again

I've found the answer, as so oftern, by Googling the problem. All I have to do is hover the cursor over the original inbox and there's a reload-type button (I'm not a technie you may have noticed) that carries out the missing function. I still think that the new view is cold and sterile looking, I have no use for the enhancements, and the pseudo-personal style is just irritating, but at least I've got the functionality that I want.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 55

Glad you got it sorted and reporting back about it. It might help others if they have the same problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 40 of 55

... and if it is a blanket e-mail, why does it say this in the small print at the bottom?

"We're sending a separate email about the upgrade to each person who's using the Classic version of BT Yahoo! Mail (whether it's for their primary email address or a sub-account)."

To me this implies the system thinks I haven't upgraded. Hence my concern. 

0 Ratings