cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 11 of 55

Re: Replacement for Classic Mail E Mail

I have largely ignored the requests to update, mainly as I have my e-mails directed to Outlook and log onto BT Yahoo e-mail as it seems more sensitive to spam e-mails and therefore clear them now and again.

However, yesterday received another reminder so I followed the link and updated. (It now seems your e-mails are scanned to make the advertising more relevant!).

Logged in again today and it has reverted back to the Classic version!

Given the warning of the removal of the service in June - it should be interesting!

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 12 of 55

I have largely ignored the requests to update, mainly as I have my e-mails directed to Outlook and log onto BT Yahoo e-mail as it seems more sensitive to spam e-mails and therefore clear them now and again.

However, yesterday received another reminder so I followed the link and updated. (It now seems your e-mails are scanned to make the advertising more relevant!).

Given the warning of the removal of the service in June - it should be interesting!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same for me, updated yesterday, but but in today & have been reverted back to Classic, crazy!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 13 of 55

@StewM wrote:

I've gone through the update, regardless.

I haven't looked through the terms and conditions, as there's no time to spend all day searching through all the pages.

Somehow, I would question any changes to terms and conditions of contract. If BT makes the old system obsolete, then it's tough luck. However I haven't been through it all all don't know exactly what changes there are.

0 Ratings
Mike_Turner
Contributor
Message 14 of 55

I'm very suspicious of this e-mail.

If I hover over any of the links in the e-mail, then the domain referred is not a BT one. Instead, it is email.planning-inc.co.uk.

With all the problems with BT/Yahoo being hacked, I am not going to click on any of these links.

If this really a legitimate e-mailing from BT, rather an elaborate hoax, then BT should have handled it a lot differently.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 55

If you don't want to click the links in the email you can read about it and upgrade from this link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34259/~/changing-to-the-new-bt-yahoo-mail-%E2%80%93-c...

0 Ratings
tellboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 55

Hre is what the web site says about planning inc

----------

About Us

Welcome to planning-inc.

We are a data-insight agency dedicated to helping businesses use their data to build more profitable relationships with their customers.

Our expertise in database development, analysis and our delivery of data insights enable us to simplify the complex, making effective data solutions accessible to marketing teams to transform basic campaigns into powerful communications strategies.

Since our launch in 2001, clients have trusted us with their customer data because we deliver consistently, flexibly and effectively.

----------

So it seems BT are passing on your personal data. I suppose in agreeing to the T & C's you are agreeing to this?

All the best

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 17 of 55

@tellboy wrote:

Hre is what the web site says about planning inc

----------

About Us

Welcome to planning-inc.

We are a data-insight agency dedicated to helping businesses use their data to build more profitable relationships with their customers.

Our expertise in database development, analysis and our delivery of data insights enable us to simplify the complex, making effective data solutions accessible to marketing teams to transform basic campaigns into powerful communications strategies.

Since our launch in 2001, clients have trusted us with their customer data because we deliver consistently, flexibly and effectively.

----------

So it seems BT are passing on your personal data. I suppose in agreeing to the T & C's you are agreeing to this?

All the best

There's nothing new, or unusual in mails from BT pointing to this link.

If you are subscribed to offers or other mails from BT, they all point to this link.

My previous post was mainly in reference to terms and conditions of contract - e.g. "if you don't sign up we'll strike you off, and if you do you can't cancel, as you have recontracted".

Many operating system and software suppliers try this tactic, "you have bought the software, but we don't guarantee that it works, and if it doesn't you can't claim from us, but we can claim from you if you copy it". 

0 Ratings
DWL63
Contributor
Message 18 of 55

I need help I have clung desperately to Classic because it is the only BT view that has a "check other mail" facility I use Spamarrest and download approved emails from there using this. It is simply not there on the new version. I don't care about enhancements without this my BT email is useless. Why don't these people think about that with their "enhancements"?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 55

If you are looking to forward your BTYahoo emails to SpamArrest you can do this in the "New" BTYahoo mail. If you go into the Options section (icon that looks like a cog) then go into POP and Forwarding, you can forward all your mail to whatever email address you choose. 

0 Ratings
DWL63
Contributor
Message 20 of 55

Sorry I don't think you understand I don't want to forward to Spamarrest I currently dowmload my approved emails from Spamarrest. When this was set up a "check other mail" window appeared in classic view. I click on this to get my emails and they capture the spam. It's simple. I need that window in my email view.

0 Ratings