cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 55

Re: Replacement for Classic Mail E Mail

You are right I don't understand. How do you download your email from Spam Arrest, is it from an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird. Is it a Spam Arrest email address that you logon to to get your email or is it your BTYahoo email address. 

I had a look at Spam Arrest web site and it appeared to me that they supplied users with a Spam Arrest email address and the user forwards their email to that address and it weeds out the spam.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 55

Right I think I now know what you mean. If you go into Mail Options (The cog icon)  then to Mail Accounts, you can then Add other email accounts to be retrived via BTYahoo.

Does that help?

0 Ratings
DWL63
Contributor
Message 23 of 55

You're trying to help and I sincerely appreciate that, perhaps we're at cross purposes. When I started to get Spam I found out about Spamarrest. I created a Spamarrest account. They then helped me to set me up to my current arrangement.  Emails to my BT address get automatically diverted to this account. I select any approved email addresses in Spamarrest. In BT email the Check other Mail section was created, it's in the top left hand corner of classic view. When I open BT email I click on the spamarrest link in this section and it retrieves approved emails from Spamarrest sending them to the new inbox that I set up in BT. I periodically check Spamarrest itself in case anything legit gets trapped in there. If this sounds convoluted it was at the start but it has worked effortlessly for years. I either need Check other Mail or another way to ensure that emiails can easily come from Spamarrest.

0 Ratings
DWL63
Contributor
Message 24 of 55

Ah! While I was typing that epic you got onto my wavelength! Spamarrest is already there as an added account but I don't know what to do next to get back to my existing arrangement. You're being very patient with me thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 55

@Mike_Turner wrote:

I'm very suspicious of this e-mail.

If I hover over any of the links in the e-mail, then the domain referred is not a BT one. Instead, it is email.planning-inc.co.uk.

With all the problems with BT/Yahoo being hacked, I am not going to click on any of these links.

If this really a legitimate e-mailing from BT, rather an elaborate hoax, then BT should have handled it a lot differently.

Hi.

As I've said lots of times, this is the very reason BT should stop this practice immediately. I've yet to receive any reply from the support people that this is being looked at.

The email is genuine, but the website is almost certainly used for tracking purposes. It's easy for BT to do this themselves, all they have to do is make sure the initial links go to a bt.com site, after that forwarding etc is fine.

The issue is that people still believe it's from BT - even if a similar email is written by a phisher, with the same wording - but could easily go to a phish/hacked site. It also stops people like yourself (rightly) from clicking on a possible required link.

This method needs to be stopped now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 55

DWL63,

What I think you will need to do is forward all your emails to Spam Arrest by going into Options and POP Forwarding and place your Spam Arrest email details in the box. You then go into Mail Accounts and Add Spam Arrest as a new account to be checked by BTYahoo.

Make a new Folder calling it Spam Arrest or whatever you want.

Then in mail options set up a filter to have all emails from Spam Arrest sent into the new folder you set up. You would then access this folder to get the emails that have been through the Spam Arrest system.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 55

DWL63,

An easier way would be to use an email client like Windows Live Mail, Outlook or Thunderbird and just have it set up to access your Spam Arrest email account directly. This would save you even having to go anywhere near BTYahoo.

0 Ratings
DWL63
Contributor
Message 28 of 55

You've concisely outlined what happened when I joined Spamarrest. This is already set up. What I don't have in the new view is the mechanism to retrieve the emails (the check other mail window that was created in classic). Failing that a way for approved emails to go straight to the inbox that I set up at the time would be helpful. That certainly isn't happening. I've sent myself an email- it went to Spamarrest as usual.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 55

You need to set up a filter as I have described in my previous thread.

0 Ratings
DWL63
Contributor
Message 30 of 55

Sounds reasonable but at the risk of sounding like an idiot I'm not sure how to do that. Thanks for your time i'm signing off soon if anyone's got more details on what to do i'm all ears.

0 Ratings