cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 55

Re: Replacement for Classic Mail E Mail

I don't have the email any more but did it not also say something like "if you click on this link and it takes you into your inbox you are already upgraded". That would suggest to me that the don't have a clue who has upgraded and who has not and they are just covering all bases.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 42 of 55

@gg30340 wrote:

I don't have the email any more but did it not also say something like "if you click on this link and it takes you into your inbox you are already upgraded". That would suggest to me that the don't have a clue who has upgraded and who has not and they are just covering all bases.

Just read through it again, and nope, can't see anything like that in the e-mail. The whole tone of it is that my address has been identified as one that is still set up for the classic webmail and I need to upgrade to the new webmail and agree to the new terms and conditions pronto or I will lose that access.

It does however contain a link to the help page that has that other statement I mentioned a long way down the page for the die-hards who get that far.

Anyway, I have submitted an on-line query about it and have a magical reference number, so if they don't get back to me in the next few days I'll see if I can chase it up and I'll let you know if I find out anything useful.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 55

Found it in their Q&A about the new eamil.

Common questions
I've received an email from BT telling me that I need to upgrade to new BT Yahoo! Mail?

If you click on the link in the email and end up straight in your Inbox then you've already upgraded to the new BT Yahoo! Mail and you don’t need to do anything more.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 44 of 55

@gg30340 wrote:

Found it in their Q&A about the new eamil.

Common questions
I've received an email from BT telling me that I need to upgrade to new BT Yahoo! Mail?

If you click on the link in the email and end up straight in your Inbox then you've already upgraded to the new BT Yahoo! Mail and you don’t need to do anything more.

Not sure what your point is posting that again. See post 35 on this thread.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 45 of 55

@umpire wrote:

Anyway, I have submitted an on-line query about it and have a magical reference number, so if they don't get back to me in the next few days I'll see if I can chase it up and I'll let you know if I find out anything useful.

I received a reply to my query. It wasn't that clear and basically said that the email message had been sent to "all the BT Yahoo email account" (not sure if that means all three of my accounts or millions of BT accounts). It then said "So if you have already upgraded, you can ignore our email.".

So, as far as I'm concerned, no action required. I do think the email was very badly worded though.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 55

I posted it again because I knew I had read it somewhere and as I said,I thought it was in the email from BT. You pointed out it wasn't there so I then I re-read the threads and found it and thought I would re-post it because you had obvioulsy not seen it or had forgetten it was there also. It was helping to point out that the email BT sent out was a blanket one rather than being target to only those who had not already upgraded otherwise they would not tell you if end up in your Inbox you've already upgraded!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 55

I think that is what I was trying to say, a blanket email to all account holders to cover BT's ar*e if you didn't upgrade.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 48 of 55

@gg30340 wrote:

I posted it again because I knew I had read it somewhere and as I said,I thought it was in the email from BT. You pointed out it wasn't there so I then I re-read the threads and found it and thought I would re-post it because you had obvioulsy not seen it or had forgetten it was there also.

Well I hadn't 'obviously not seen it or forgotten it was there'. I knew it was on the help page as it was me who posted it in message 35. Smiley Happy  That was a follow up to message 34 which mentioned the help page.

My later post just clarified that it wasn't in the text of the original email that you said you no longer had access to.

Anyway, as long as nothing changes to do with my accounts on June 3rd I'm happy. 

0 Ratings
Ocean
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 55

I changed to the new mail and must admit it looks okay. But! It constantly flags up as having 13 unread emails when there are none Smiley Frustrated

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
Message 50 of 55

I'm trying to read messages on a secondary account, don't wish to "upgrade", I'm told that the new system starts in June, and can use the Classic version until then,

Do I have to upgrade to the new version of Yahoo! Mail?

Resolution
Older versions of Yahoo! Mail will only be available until the beginning of June 2013, and after that, you can access your Yahoo! Mail only if you upgrade to the new version.

(my bold and red)

but there is no option to use the classic version. Everything I try leads me to this infuriating page:

You're invited

Switch to the new Yahoo! Mail. All of your emails, contacts, folders and attachments will be waiting for you.

BT are locking me out of my mail before they say they will.

More lies and deception from this useless company.

0 Ratings