Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 51 of 55

Re: Replacement for Classic Mail E Mail

@FloFosterJenkins wrote:

I'm trying to read messages on a secondary account, don't wish to "upgrade", I'm told that the new system starts in June, and can use the Classic version until then,

Do I have to upgrade to the new version of Yahoo! Mail?

Resolution
Older versions of Yahoo! Mail will only be available until the beginning of June 2013, and after that, you can access your Yahoo! Mail only if you upgrade to the new version.

(my bold and red)

but there is no option to use the classic version. Everything I try leads me to this infuriating page:

You're invited

Switch to the new Yahoo! Mail. All of your emails, contacts, folders and attachments will be waiting for you.

BT are locking me out of my mail before they say they will.

More lies and deception from this useless company.

Did you really understand the Terms and Conditions?

Just looking at it all from a common sense point of view, I wonder if BT pays Yahoo for it's services, or Yahoo pays BT?

More importantly, I wonder who the real customer is in paying an ISP for it's services.

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 55

@Ribblelancs wrote:

Did you really understand the Terms and Conditions?

Haha Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad I've been trying to understand the Terms and Conditions for years, and failing.

We read there:

If any of these documents contradict each other, unless otherwise specified, the terms will apply in the order set out above.

I challenge anyone (Warren Buckley especially - if he exists - remember Jillian Lewis? Smiley Very Happy she was just a name, not a real person) to tell me what are the latest conditions that apply. What order is that? Latest at the top? Latest at the bottom? Date of publication?

It would help if those documents were date-stamped for a start.

If I were to start analysing all those and discover the final one that is relevant so that I knew what I ws agreeing to with BT - who is reponsible for all my account security - I'd have missed the email upgrade deadline of June 1 and lose all my email.

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 55

2.6 The Services use automated scanning of your email messages (including archived messages) and other messages that are archived (including instant messages) to enable spam and malware detection and to enable delivery of enhanced product features (such as applications to handle attachments) that you may find useful. The information gathered during this analysis is not used for interest matched advertising.

Has anyone who has upgraded to the new mail interface experienced these enhanced product features, and/or applications to handle attachmentsand can be more specific?

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 54 of 55

@FloFosterJenkins wrote:

2.6 The Services use automated scanning of your email messages (including archived messages) and other messages that are archived (including instant messages) to enable spam and malware detection and to enable delivery of enhanced product features (such as applications to handle attachments) that you may find useful. The information gathered during this analysis is not used for interest matched advertising.

Has anyone who has upgraded to the new mail interface experienced these enhanced product features, and/or applications to handle attachmentsand can be more specific?

Have a look at my post 12 in this thread

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/new-email-and-Yahoo-profile/td-p/849350

I am currently doing an evaluation of the "New" BTYahoo webmail.  So far it is not looking good.

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 55

0 Ratings