cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stonelynk
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Reset Old BTinternet email PW

Hi my wife still uses an old btyahoo account which has stopped working so I wanted to do a fresh install but i don't have the PW or the answer to what ever the security question to reset the PW. Can I reset the PW any other way.

Cheers Dave

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Reset Old BTinternet email PW

Are you using the email account on an email client/app?

It should be noted that if you are not a BT Broadband customer or paying for the email account through a BT Premium email account you will not be able to use it on an email client/app. It will only be accessible from a web browser.

If you a BT Broadband account holder or a BT Premium email holder are you should have a read through this link and ensure you have the correct server settings.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-yahoo-update-settings

For security reason a password reset can only be done after it has been verified by the account holder. In order to get that you/she will need to call BT on 0800.800.150

0 Ratings
Stonelynk
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for that but if i try to use the BT Email broser system then I still have to know the PW, so still need to reset the PW

cheers

Dave
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@Stonelynk wrote:
Thanks for that but if i try to use the BT Email broser system then I still have to know the PW, so still need to reset the PW

That is correct and that is why I posted what you need to do in order to reset it.

If your wife is still using the email account as you stated in your first post she must know the password in order to be using it.

0 Ratings
Stonelynk
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

She uses an iPad so the password is stored and is only required when you setup.

Dave

0 Ratings