Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niagh01
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Resetting E-Mail password

Go to solution

Hi, I have a primary e-mail address with one sub-account e-mail address. I was setting up the account on a new phone when I run into problems with the password, I didn't know it. I ended up locking my Primary e-mail address. I have now resolved this issue, but I don't know how to rest the password on the sub-account. I thought it was the password from the primary account, but it appears not. 

Can anyone please advise on how this is done 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Resetting E-Mail password

Go to solution

If you are on the BTYahoo email system you can use this link.

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/chpasswdsso

Use the forgotten password link. If it asks for security questions it is the answers for the primary email address that you must use.

If you are on the BTMail system you can use this link.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47071

or use the forgotten password link  in this link

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

niagh01
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi and thanks for your prompt response. I took option 3. I successfully changed the password through the forgotten password link. I then try to log in to my e-mail account using the link after change the password screen shows successful, I get a blank screen. I then try to login via bt.com/email, and I get this message;

we are unable to log you into your e-mail, please check your correct e-mail password. 

This account has been active for years

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

niagh01
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

hi, thanks for your help and advice, hopefully, the moderator will be able to resolve

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @niagh01 Sorry that you have been unable to reset the password for the sub account address.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

niagh01
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Issue resolved, an own goal. Sorted by 2nd tier support in India. My daughter who owned the secondary e-mail address off my Primary then got a BT line and registered this e-mail address against her account. Every time a password request was generated, it changed the MyBT password not the e-mail account.

Thanks for the help

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @niagh01 Thanks for the update and glad you got this resolved.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings