Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Response email address is different from my official email address

Go to solution

I've responded to an email from BT which has an incident number.  My reply got an automated response saying it had come from an unrecognised email address.

My email address is in the format *@btinternet.com, but when I reply the system replies from *@btopenworld.com.

I've been aware that I'd got these 2 email addresses but assumed that they would be treated as one and the same, but apparently not.

I'm still on BT Yahoo Mail and I assume that I will be transferred at some future date and this may resolve the matter, but is there anything I can do in the meantime?

I eventually responded from my Windows Live Mail account this morning and, as far as I can tell, that has not been rejected.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
dilosec
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Response email address is different from my official email address

Go to solution

If you log into your BT Yahoo Mail (webmail), goto Mail Options, and in Mail Accounts, you'll see that your BT Yahoo Mail was initially setup using the @btopenworld.com verion of the email address.

0 Ratings
Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I've seen that, and I tried putiing the @btinternet.com in the reply to box, but still my replies come from the @openworld.com address, and I do not seem to be able to overwrite it.

I'm hoping that by using the Windows Live Mail that I've got around the problem, but I've had no response yet.

0 Ratings
dilosec
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Check your Mail Options.

On some of my BT Yahoo accounts, I have a 'BT Yahoo Mail' with the btinternet address, and a 'BT Yahoo Mail - Extra Address' with the alternate btopenworld address with the option to use it as the sending account. I think the extra address does not appear on some of my accounts because I may have deleted it in the past.

BT Yahoo Mail
BT Yahoo Mail

BT Yahoo Mail - Extra Address

BT Yahoo Mail - Extra Address

Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I don't have the extra address option.

Thanks for your assistance, it's much appreciated.

I'm hoping that the pending migration may solve the problem. I am able to get around it by using my Windows Live Mail.

0 Ratings