cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
witzend
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Restoring an email sub account after deletion

I accidentally deleted a sub account three weeks ago.  This is a BTYahoo mail account.  I contacted BT via chat and the lady informed me that it could be restored, "No problem", but it would take 7 days.  I waited 7 days - nothing.  I contacted them via chat again and received a phone call from "Sachin" who first said "Okay your email account has been deleted now" - I said NO THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED!  so I explained AGAIN and he said yes it could be restored - I would receive aother phone call the following day to confrim.  Nothing.  

I called BT on the phone and spoke to someone else - yes the account could be retrieved intact - they would call back in 24 hours.  Nothing.  I called again today and was told I'd get a call back - and I did! From someone asking me if my email account was okay now? I said yes my other email addresses worked fine - he quickly said thank you and almost goodbye before I stopped him.  What about the deleted email address?  He said that once a sub account has been deleted you can't get it back.  So what the hell have we been doing for three weeks!?

So what's going on?  Can I get it back or not? According to the BT Help pages you can.  I checked my settings in my primary email account and there are two of the three sub-accounts showing that I had previously deleted - but not the one I wanted! Did Sachin do the fatal delete when his language and mine failed to mesh?  Yes i sound angry but believe it or not I'm controlling it well. 

The reason it got deleted was because I didn't realise that username@talk21.com was the same as username@t21.com - I thought nothing of it until my husband came home and said he couldn't access his BUSINESS EMAIL.  I don't even know how his email became a sub account in my primary to begin with. I didn't set it up in there - even 15 years ago I wouldn't have done that.   

So can I get this sub account back or not - BT really doesn't apprear to know.  Or care. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Restoring an email sub account after deletion

Hi Witzend,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm sorry about the problems with your email. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings