Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RalphC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Restoring my deleted email address

Go to solution
Yesterday I discovered that my email address was deleted 5 Nov 2017.
I find that odd as I was still able to send and receive email on all my devices as recently as yesterday.
I attempted to contact BT via a chat facility which didn’t work very well and then someone called my mobile to announce that my address was permanently deleted and could not be restored as it had been inactive.
I try to explain that it could not have been deleted 5 Nov as I was still receiving emails earlier the same day.
Eventually he announced that it was pointless continuing and terminated our call.
I can see that someone else had their address restored in September after it had been deleted in February so I am hopeful that mine can also be restored.
I desperately need my email address for reasons beyond the usual social activity and I’m happy to elaborate when contacted.
0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Restoring my deleted email address

Go to solution

Hi @RalphC Sorry that your email address has been deleted. 

We might not be able to get that email address back but if you send me over your details, I'll be happy to take a look and see if there is anyway we can recover the address. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

@JohnC2 wrote:

Hi @RalphC Sorry that your email address has been deleted. 

We might not be able to get that email address back but if you send me over your details, I'll be happy to take a look and see if there is anyway we can recover the address. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

What do you mean, may not be able to get the address back?

The problem was caused by a system fault and not by the OP. That could cause all sorts of problem and anguish. Surely an email address can be resurrected by a capable email engineer/technician, and re-associated with their account.

The reason for this mess needs to be properly investigated and relayed back to this group so that any similar future issue can be successfully resolved.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

@Andy_N wrote:

The problem was caused by a system fault and not by the OP. That could cause all sorts of problem and anguish. Surely an email address can be resurrected by a capable email engineer/technician, and re-associated with their account.

The reason for this mess needs to be properly investigated and relayed back to this group so that any similar future issue can be successfully resolved.

It is obviously a problem within the BT email system that I am sure you or anyone else on the forum does not have access to, so I doubt that if it was "investigated and relayed back to this group so that any similar future issue can be successfully resolved." there would be anything you or any other forum member could do.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

@Andy_N wrote:

It is obviously a problem within the BT email system that I am sure you or anyone else on the forum does not have access to, so I doubt that if it was "investigated and relayed back to this group so that any similar future issue can be successfully resolved." there would be anything you or any other forum member could do.

Yes, I agree, but it seems like every post reported here is treated like a new issue and therefore anything being checked starts all over again. Anything posted giving some details of resolution helps everyone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

I fail to see how it would help if there is absolutely nothing you or any other forum member can do to resolve the problem other than tell the poster to report a fault or await a moderator to assist.

Once reported each problem should be treated as a new problem until it is diagnosed, otherwise you are assuming all problems are the same and that can lead to further problems.

0 Ratings
RalphC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks for your response JohnC2

i have sent a response as you suggested 

the enquiry number I have been given is....

I can see in the thread that there is a consensus suggesting this should not have happened.

Maybe I’m being naive but I can’t believe that, from working perfectly yesterday on three devices, my email address has simply vanished and been deleted beyond your capability to recover it...

...please restore both both my confidence in BT and my email address...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

I'm sure the mods will be able to restore your addresses, but please edit out your ref number.

RalphC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

Better?

i didn’t think it was an issue...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

Just that it is against forum rules to post any personal information including ref numbers.

0 Ratings