Go to solution
Sorry
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 23

Re: Restoring my deleted email address

Go to solution

So far there has been no further contact...

I sent the request in as instructed but I am becoming increasingly anxious because there has been no update...

As a test I have sent messages to my "deleted" address but I don't receive any response.

I had expected an "undeliverable" reply... But so far nothing

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

RalphC

As a test I have sent messages to my "deleted" address but I don't receive any response.

I had expected an "undeliverable" reply... But so far nothing

Depending on the state of the email address, it can go into a limbo mode where it is ready for deletion. This mode means that the account can't be accessed (by the user), but emails sent to it are not bounced as you've seen - nor are they delivered to the address it seems. So they are effectively lost and blackholed.

However this limbo state has always been like this since Btinternet started.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution
Thank you Andy

I don’t believe it has been deleted beyond recovery... not when it was working perfectly on Saturday.

With the delay you can imagine I am already looking at alternatives.

This is not some sort of game to be played on a computer...

I have an elderly mother in a home and I am currently (not) in contact with the NHS and Social Services.

This is quite apart from banking and utilities and the rest of our daily stuff that this impacts.

My other most recent BT experience this year was receiving post at an address I vacated more than three years ago demanding payment but not explaining why...

Yet BT organised my phone and broadband move to the new address...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

Good morning

it is now one week and, despite the apparent best efforts of the BT experts, my long standing email address is not yet restored.

As with all these issues, the longer it goes on, the less likely it looks that I will have a happy ending.

The last contact made with me was by phone on Wednesday and I sense effort is being made based on what I’m being told.

The real question that should be asked is, how come my email address was ever deleted in the first place?

I am a BT Customer for many years, my last bill was £212.22 for phone, broadband and BT Sport services provided.

The email facility is part of my BT package... So why has it been withdrawn?

One of the main reasons I stayed with BT was to retain my BT email address, so with this niw lost, I feel free now to review my service provider.

For key services I have already got a fallback email address and as each day passes I will roll this out to more and more contacts until my dependency on BT has been completely eliminated.

This is not intended to spark any extra response from BT, it’s simply a highly sensible course of action that I am obliged to follow otherwise I will not receive any email communication from my other service providers.

I thank those who have made an effort to help me but, again I ask, how did this happen?

No doubt there will be an explanation about something I did or failed to do... assuming an explanation is ever forthcoming. 

The final irony?

My lost email address is the log in for my BT ID account....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 23

Re: How do I recover a btinterent email that has already been deleted on 8th Feb 2017 ?

Go to solution

Hi @RalphC and thanks for posting.

I can see @PaddyB is dealing with this and is due to call you later today.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 23

Re: How do I recover a btinterent email that has already been deleted on 8th Feb 2017 ?

Go to solution

Hi @RalphC,

I can see that your email address is showing as active and its been correctly linked to your BT ID. Please can you let me know if that email is back working correctly for you?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution
So far so good Paddy, thank you...

Is there anything else I am required to do?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @RalphC,

I'm glad to hear the email is back working for you. There nothing more you need to do at your end, that email address has been correctly linked to your BT Account and this should stop you from having any further issues in the future.

Please accept my apology for the delay in getting this sorted as I know it took a lot longer than expected to fix.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

@RalphC wrote:
So far so good Paddy, thank you...

Is there anything else I am required to do?

Hi @RalphC

Were you informed of the reason your account was not accessible, apart from initially being wrongly told it was due to non use via webmail? That may be the "reason", but caused by a system fault which would be the real reason.

0 Ratings