cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Retaining BT Internet email

Seriously considering moving away from BT Broadband. Renewal price is more than double a competitor offer and I can include TV so can ditch another provider. 

question is about my BT Internet email. 

I know I can keep the email address as basic mail accessed via webmail not a mail client, but I also have 3 “sub accounts” used by family members. 
Do these also remain and can we all retain our mail storage folders as we have a lot of historical saved emails ?

Or is the only option to pay to retain the email accounts and if so do we pay for each email address ?

many Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Retaining BT Internet email

All your existing mail accounts become basic mail. You won't be able to create any new ones. All existing mail folders will remain.

Personally, I wouldn't store my emails on BT servers in any case. I would use a mail client to download them to a PC where they would be backed up with a regular backup regime.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

What’s your renewal price ? , TBH , a typical ‘renewal’ ( using myself as the example ) was Fibre 2 with PAYG telephone ( mainly for the odd person who may still try and use that as a means of contact ) £32 , so if your offer from an alternative provider is £14-£16 ( obviously you may not need telephony ) then it’s pretty much unbeatable price ,  if your renewal is much more than £30 that’s why you haven’t considered remaining , negotiate a better price , obviously you may not have F2 so your price may be different.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Renewal was £79. This was for full fibre 900mb, phone line with unlimited calls

agreed phone is mostly for incoming but we do use sometimes

dropping the fibre to 500 or even 150 only resulted in a minor drop - still £70. 

currently also paying £50 for Sky. 
Virgin offered full fibre, unlimited calls (retain number) and same TV package for £44

i know this is probably a loss leader and will shoot up in 18months but still saving £80 - £90

0 Ratings