Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ennwjay
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Return a gifted email address

Go to solution

I set up new email addresses for my children, but for some reason the one for my son has been gifted into the ID of my daughter! This is causing major difficulties, and is not something that I was aware had been done. However, even logging in as my daughter I can't seem to be able to recall the email address that has been gifted into my primary account. How can this be done?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Re: Return a gifted email address

Go to solution

Hi @ennwjay thanks for posting and you will need our help to resolve this. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod and we'll be in touch as soon as we can to help you get this sorted.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
ennwjay
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks - have sent you a PM

0 Ratings
ennwjay
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

All sorted - thanks to all of the Mods who worked on this, it is much appreciated! However, still think that the primary ID owner should be able to do this themselves... and its not very clear just exactly what 'gifting' an email address actually does!

Happy outcome! 😄

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If you set up an email account/address you have full control over it such as changing the password and you can directly access it from your MyBT.

If you "gift" it to another person and they accept it by setting up their own BTID they then have full control over it such as changing the password and they can access it from their own MyBT.

You can no longer access from your MyBT and you can not change the password or access it without knowing the password that is now controlled by the recipient it was gifted to.

Because the "ownership" remains on your broadband account all you can now do with the email account is delete it.

See link and sub-links

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/account-set-up/how-do-i-create-and-activate-a-new...

0 Ratings
chrisiliffe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I have a very similar issue. Two email accounts under my BT profile have stopped working via the app and having logged in to see if there is an issue they are 'gifted' email addresses rather than active under the main BT profile. How do I transfer these back so they are covered under my single Premium mail service?

0 Ratings