cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonLyon
Message 1 of 5

Returning to inbox after opening mail

When I have a lot of emails to go through - say 100 - after being away, it is very frustrating when, after opening (say) email 80, I go back to my inbox to work on the next one, it returns me to email 1 and I have to scroll back down to email 81. I can't find any way of stopping this through settings etc. and it really takes a lot of time - can anyone help?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Returning to inbox after opening mail

When viewing email 80 isn't some arrows or Next/Prev on the screen so you can move on or back?

RonLyon
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, that's a big help I hadn't noticed them. However, I try to prioritise answering emails and don't always go to the next one. Ideally I want to close email 80 and return to the same place I the inbox so I can decide the next important one to deal with, which may not be No 81.
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Yes, my suggestion only works while you are viewing your emails, not when you reply to 1.

I'd rather use an email client, rather than Webmail, which is more controllable in this respect.

Message 5 of 5

XRaySpeX wrote:

I'd rather use an email client, rather than Webmail, which is more controllable in this respect ...

... and preferable in pretty well every other respect too.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.