cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Rubbish new email system

I cannot understand why you replace something that works well with something that is so inferior. I start off with a secure website. After 5-10 mins I have an address which says unsecure and people can see my emails. Staff think that is ok. I now have two lists of file folders - neither complete. It will take ages for me to sort out this "improvement". I hate it and just wish I could go back to the old one.  Does anyone know if there is a way I can do this.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Rubbish new email system

you may find your answer in this 138 page post 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Monstrous-new-BT-email-upgrade/m-p/2054897#M82640

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Your email account has been migrated away from BTYahoo onto the BTMail system. Once migrated you can not be moved back to BTMail.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Thanks. I understand the reasoning now but I still cannot understand why the transfer was not smooth. I also cannot understand that BT is happy that the address shows "not secure" after 5 mins. I was scammed once a few years ago and am not at all comfortable. Apparently its just "tough".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I remember using this type of email system 20 years ago. So much for BT giving us an up to date system. What we have now was good then, but is now totally out of date and confusing to use when you compare it with the Yahoo system. Firstly you have one long stream of emails which previously were broken down to year/month/earlier this month/ last week/ yesterday/to day. Also better spaced out and when used on my mobile it up dated my computer and visa versa. Now you find all the deleted emails on my mobile are still sitting there on my desk top computer, obviously you are unable to access them, but they remain there until you do an up date. With Yahoo they deleted the same time as I deleted them on my mobile!

The above is clearly old technology, don't let BT tell you otherwise????

BT needs to do a lot to bring this version into 2020 or 2021!!!

0 Ratings