cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

S3.amazonaws.com security warnings

Go to solution

For the past 2 weeks, each time I log into my BT Mail accounts I receive security warnings from Bitdefender about S3.amazonaws.com. The exact message is:

firefox.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to prod5-cdata.sprinklr.com.s3.amazonaws.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one.

Do I accept this or is this BOT normal?  As I say only started about 2 weeks ago.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: S3.amazonaws.com security warnings

Go to solution

If you do an internet search on S3.amazonaws.com you will see that it is an Amazon product and would appear to have nothing to do with BT.

I would suggest that you run a full virus scan on your device and also download and run ADWCleaner which is a free malware scanner/removal tool by Malwarebytes to see if there is anything malicious on your device.

This may be related to your post about your spam issue.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi

Thanks and I do realise it is supposed to be an amazon product but the fact is that I only get the Bitdefender security warning when I log on to either of my BT mail accounts.  The now vast log in my Bitdefender account confirms that fact.  At no other time, and with no other sites, do I get the warning - only BT Mail.  I already use Malwarebytes tools and beither they nor Bitdefender highlight anything - hence my puzzle.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

If it was a BT certificate out of date or mismatched I would have expected more than one person to be posting about it on the forum.

I also doubt that BT would be using an Amazon product on their secure log on page. 

Are you using a password manager on your device.

If you use a "shortcut" to access the logon page have you tried using an other method such as clicking on the "Email" button at the top of this page?

If you do an Internet search you will see that the Amazon product, while a genuine product can be used by hackers.

I would still run ADWCleaner to see what it brings up although it might not view it as a threat.

You should have a read through some of the sites on the Internet regarding it and make up your own mind what to do.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks, but as a now retired IT person I have spent ages looking through the internet for any pointers and, YES, I have run ADWCleaner, but nothing found, and also logged on direct through the BT site - still get it!  Anyway, thanks for your comments and, like most other things, I shall sort it out - eventually. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Added on 4 August.  Unfortunately I had to go away for a couple of days but returned to the issue this morning and am now sure that it is, as was suggested, a password manager (Dashlane) issue.  It was just odd that the error was only notified by Bitdefender when switching between BT email accounts.  Thanks for your pointer.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I am having this same issue it began a couple of weeks ago i just let Bitdefender block it

0 Ratings