cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

SPAM filter

Go to solution

Why is the Spam filter not picking up the mass of junk from Crazy Tricks <news@e.crazy-tricks.com>?

And why do attempts to flag this address as a sender of junk in Outlook not work?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: SPAM filter

Go to solution

If you keep marking them as spam in BTMail webmail, the spam filters will eventually catch up.

You could try adding the senders domain to your blocked list but as spammers usually change their email addresses after every batch of spam sent so it will most likely be a waste of time.

You could also set up a "Rule" in BTMail webmail to send anything with the sender's email address to your spam folder.

As regards why Outlook is flagging not working, you will need to ask Microsoft that question as BT has nothing to do with Microsoft or Outlook.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: SPAM filter

Go to solution

The theory behind the answer is good - if it works.  For over 4 months I have been receiving a continuous stream of Spam/Phishing emails re Tesla, MaCafee & Norton offers or subscriptions - none of which I have or have had.  Every time they come in I mark them as Spam and set filters up months ago.  Yet still they come straight to my Inbox.  Another of my email accounts was receiving blatently sexual emails - all of which were again marked by me as spam and filters set up - but I was still receiving up to 25 a day direct into my inbox.  The farce of this was that almost all of the emails had what appeared to be Eastern European senders and/or subjects so even an intelligent monkey could have seen they were not genuine.  This went on for over 3 months until I decided to close that email address with all the subsequent inconvenience.  Now a similar pattern seems to be emerging on my main address.  How many emails/months does it take for |BT's system to pick up what we are saying by marking emails as spam?  It would also be useful if you could set the sytems so that it only accepts emails in English.