cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markwp
Message 1 of 39

SPAM filtering stopping real emails since December

My family and I seem to have the opposite problem to others ... Since December most emails have been tagged as spam - so i've now turned off spam filtering as i've missed important emails.

0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
bellringer65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 39

Re: SPAM filtering stopping real emails since December

I am getting a similar problem. I use Outlook 2010 on my desktop (Windoze 7) to handle my email, so I have set the "Spam settings for POP users" to "Switch off Spam filtering and don't identify potential Spam". Despite this, I recently used my iPad mail and found a number of emails, over the last month only, held as spam so not passed on to Outlook. I moved them to the inbox and they downloaded next time, but now another one has gone into 'Spam' folder. Why and how do I prevent this?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 39

I'm having the same problem. Having posted on the forum and been advised how to change the settings so that everything is downloaded, I'm still getting things dumped in the spam folder of the BT mailbox.

I've counted for one day ant its nearly 25% of mails STILL going in to the spam folder.

PLease BT, what is going on? One email yesterday was very important to me!

0 Ratings
bellringer65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 39

Still getting the problem, with some emails going in to spam folder, despite settings to pass all emails as I use Outlook. I should not have to use my ipad to go into webmail and find emails in the spam folder - it shouldn't happen in the first place. Who do I contact? Any moderators out there know?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 39

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. Sorry you're having problems with the spam filter. Can you let me know if you on Yahoo Mail or BT mail?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
bellringer65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 39

BT mail but I've just been old to use IMAP not POP so trying that out.

Andrew

0 Ratings
robh54
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 39

Did anyone get this fixed as I have it on both POP3 and IMAP settings. lots of emails now being stuck in spam when they were not before.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
HolmPC
Beginner
Message 8 of 39

I've just posted my own thread about this as I didn't see this one first. https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Spam-filters-seem-completely-random/td-p/1584886

I have one customer with a BT account who has ALL of his email being marked as spam, while his wife only has a percentage of hers marked, even if they've both been recipients of the same email.

0 Ratings
bellringer65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 39

Well, I set up IMAP (as well as POP) and it synchronises most folders - however, it does not show the Spam folder so any mail transferred by BT there does not show and therefore does not achieve the objective of getting at anything thought to be spam. I am on BT Internet and using Outlook 2010 as my email client. I have set up BT mail  by ticking the box to say that I am using an external mail client so do not treat anything as spam - but it still does.

Where in the T&Cs does it say that BT has the right to determine what email sent to me is spam?

Still not impressed!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 39

@bellringer65 wrote:

Well, I set up IMAP (as well as POP) and it synchronises most folders - however, it does not show the Spam folder so any mail transferred by BT there does not show and therefore does not achieve the objective of getting at anything thought to be spam. I am on BT Internet and using Outlook 2010 as my email client. I have set up BT mail  by ticking the box to say that I am using an external mail client so do not treat anything as spam - but it still does.

Where in the T&Cs does it say that BT has the right to determine what email sent to me is spam?

Still not impressed!

The Spam folder syncs as Bulk Mail in Outlook.

0 Ratings