cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
only2henry
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Safe Senders Email

Occasionally, I will send myself an email. Perhaps a long WhatsApp message that I will type on my PC in email and send it to myself so I can copy and paste it into WhatsApp without having to type it out in full on my phone.

However, I am finding that these emails now go into Spam. I cannot add my own email address to Safe Senders. When I try it says I can't add an alias to Safe Senders.

Any ideas how to stop these emails going into Spam?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Safe Senders Email

Not really, simplest thing is to use a different address to send it from.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

If you get the message that you can't add an alias it means you've previously added your own email address to the safe sender's list.

Go to the list and check if you have your own email address in the list already and if you do delete it. It could be listed using the @openworld.com or @btinternet.com domain as they're interchangeable. 

Once it is deleted you should be able to add again if that is what you want to do.

0 Ratings
only2henry
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Hi and thanks. I tried this, but still said I was adding an alias and not allowed.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

@only2henry wrote:
Hi and thanks. I tried this, but still said I was adding an alias and not allowed.

When you say you tried this, did you actually find your email address or not and if you did have you deleted it?

0 Ratings
only2henry
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

When I originally tried to add some addresses to my list I had my own email address on there and it said I couldn't add aliases. I then was advised to delete my own address, which I did, and then I was able to add new addresses. Now I can't add in my own address again. So I think the answer to your question is yes, I did, but still not working.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Have you since checked to see if is still in the safe senders list, possibly with the @btopenworld domain?

0 Ratings
only2henry
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Looks like I have been able to add the general *@btopenworld domain and it seems to work.

Thanks.

0 Ratings