cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidSC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Safe senders in email

BT mail put some Google calendar reminders into spam, so I set up calendar-notification@google.com as a safe sender, but the emails from this address are still being sent to spam.  Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a solution?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Safe senders in email

Keep marking it as "not spam" via the "more" button in the menu bar and the spam system should eventually learn it is not spam.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@DavidSC wrote:

BT mail put some Google calendar reminders into spam, so I set up calendar-notification@google.com as a safe sender, but the emails from this address are still being sent to spam.  Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a solution?

Thanks

Welcome back to the Community @DavidSC and thanks for posting.

Are you using an email client by any chance?

If so can you mark the email as not spam within webmail to see if that helps?

Matt

0 Ratings
DavidSC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks to you both for your replies - yes, I use Mozilla Firefox, but the BT client quarantines the email before it gets to Mozilla.  I shouldn't really have to keep marking it as not spam, should I?  What's the point of having a safe senders list if it still puts emails from those senders in spam?  Anyway, it's not a huge problem, just a bit irritating!

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

The safe senders list works in BT Mail but not BT Yahoo. if you add the exact sender address on webmail, it should guarantee delivery to the inbox on the client also. (There are exceptions but as your email already is hitting the spam folder, this should work).

Marking as not spam is you being a good citizen to help improve the spam engine but dosent guarantee immediate results or results at all.

0 Ratings