Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NigeP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Samsung Galaxy S10+ default mail app will not work

Go to solution

Hi, I have recently swapped from my Samsung S8+ to an S10+ BUT the default mail app will not connect to server on my S10+ but is fine on my S8+ and the settings are the same, username@btinternet.com, IMAP, SSL etc

What am I missing or is this a glitch 

It works fine if I browse to btyahoo and select mail but then that doesn't use the phone app

Confused !

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10+ default mail app will not work

Go to solution

If you are using the BT server settings as per this link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

You could try the Yahoo server settings as a work around. Be aware that using the Yahoo settings would appear not to register with BT that you are accessing the account and this could lead to the email account being deleted for non use. 

If you do access the account by another device using the BT server settings or via webmail that will register it as being used and will negate what I have said above.

Yahoo server settings.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4075.html

If you are already using the Yahoo settings you should try the BT ones.

0 Ratings
NigeP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks gg30340,

I used Smartswitch netween my phones and have checked the IMAP and SSL settings etc are correct

Are you saying that because I already have this setup on my S8 I cannot set it up on my S10 

I did try removing the account from my S8 but, as yet, this does not appear to have helped

Tried using the BTYahoo settings instead but get advisory - The username or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isn't turned on for this account ...

This is more than a tad annoying as I didn't have to do any of this on my S8 it just WORKED

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@NigeP wrote:

Thanks gg30340,

I used Smartswitch netween my phones and have checked the IMAP and SSL settings etc are correct I would delete the email account from the S10 and restart the phone. Once it has restarted try setting the account up manually using the BT settings in the link I posted. 

Are you saying that because I already have this setup on my S8 I cannot set it up on my S10 No. You can set it up on as many devices as you want. What I was saying was if you use the Yahoo settings you need to make sure that you either log onto your email account using a browser or on another device that is using the BT server settings.

I did try removing the account from my S8 but, as yet, this does not appear to have helped. As I said, you do not need to remove it from the S8 but switch the S8 off when you are setting it up on the S10 so that the S8 is not trying to fetch your email at the same time as you are trying to install it on the S10

Tried using the BTYahoo settings instead but get advisory - The username or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isn't turned on for this account ... 

This is more than a tad annoying as I didn't have to do any of this on my S8 it just WORKED Yes it should just work and most times it does. 

NigeP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Great. Many thanks. Why didn't I think of it .. duh ! Back of the class !!
0 Ratings