cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Saved email folders empty

Go to solution

I have lost all my saved emails. The folders are there but each one is empty. The emails were there for a time but now gone. I have not deleted anything. Can anyone help me find them

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Saved email folders empty

Go to solution

Hi @jlh1 and welcome back.

I'm sorry you've lost your emails. What settings do you have? iMap or pop3? Do you have any auto delete settings set up? Have you lost the emails on a specific device? Can you check webmail?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I am sorry I  havnt a clue what pop3 or the other means and have no idea how to find out. I'm 82 and not a wiz kid on computers. I'm using a s10 ultra smartphone.

I have looked at all the settings and there is nothing deleted although 1 application says Avatar what this means again I have no clear idea whether this should be in or off

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @jlh1 ,

Thanks for the reply. It's great you've come to the community for help. Can you just confirm how are you logging in to your email? Do you use the BT Mail App on your phone?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Yes I do but use fingerprint to login.

The strange thing I have found some folders with saved emails and others empty but I know old emails were in them.  Is there separate settings for each folder?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks again @jlh1 .

OK so the finger print log in is device specific and not related to the emails. Can you open a browser, you should have Google or another browser on your phone. Type www.bt.com/mail and enter your email log in details (username and password). Once you're in your email let me know if you can see the folders from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Got them all now. Thanks for your help. 

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

That's great. Thanks for letting me know @jlh1 .

Cheers

David

0 Ratings