cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Secondary email account seems to have been deleted

I've had BT email for over 20 years. The secondary address rarely gets used and now seems to have been deleted - that's no drama EXCEPT that it is the email registered to microsoft for my laptop. I did call 150 this morning and the guy didn't seem very knowledgeable and eventually the battery in my landline died. 

My question is - can I set up the email again using the same address? Also - how? It used to be really easy to set up a new address but now I just seem to go around in circles when I try. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Secondary email account seems to have been deleted

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

If you have not been using the email account on a regular basis it will have been deleted by BT because of non use. See link.

Why has my email address been suspended or deleted? | BT Help

You may be able to reuse the email address depending on when it was deleted. See link

How do I close or delete an email account? | BT Help

If you are only using the email address with Microsoft as a log on user name you should still be able to use it as such because in that instance it is only being used a string of text and not an actual email address.

If it is being used as a contact email address you should be able to change it. See links

How to Change Your Primary Email for a Microsoft Account (wikihow.com)

Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Secondary email account seems to have been deleted

Apologies if I'm being thick but I don't seem to have the option to manage email

I am the BT account holder.

I probably haven't logged on for more than 150 days although when I try I get the message

We notice suspicious activity. If you think this might have happened please re-secure your email" but when I ring they tell me the account has been deleted

lyn6_0-1690020475091.png

0 Ratings