cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ParkBVP
Beginner
196 Views
Message 1 of 7

Sending and receiving emails abroad

Go to solution

I have followed the advice regarding setting up the ports that you have provided (995 incoming, 465 outgoing etc).

That enabled my Outlook (Prof 2016) client to work correctly on my desktop (Win 10) and my Outlook (2010) client to work correctly on my laptop (Win 7) when in my apartment.  I use an Avatel fibre connection.

However when I tried to connect in another apartment in the same complex (this time via Telefonica fibre), I am unable to send or receive even thought the internet is fully operational.

Has anybody any ideas?

0 Ratings
Reply
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
189 Views
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sending and receiving emails abroad

Go to solution

It clearly indicates the problem is with Telefonica.

0 Ratings
Reply
ParkBVP
Beginner
182 Views
Message 3 of 7

Re: Sending and receiving emails abroad

Go to solution
Thanks licquoice. I had come to the same conclusion but wondered if there was any obvious fix.
0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
173 Views
Message 4 of 7

Re: Sending and receiving emails abroad

Go to solution

There have been a few posts in the past where various telcos abroad appear to block access to BT mail servers for some reason. It is by no means universal as you have discovered but there isn't a fix other than trying different providers.

0 Ratings
Reply
ParkBVP
Beginner
117 Views
Message 5 of 7

Re: Sending and receiving emails abroad

Go to solution
Hello Liquorice
I have further information about the problem listed above that suggests to me that Telefonica is not the culprit that is stopping me sending emails
I find that sending emails from both my desktop and laptop in Spain is a tricky process (using Outlook as the email client). Maybe 75% of the time the system rejects me – the other 25% of the time the emails get sent without problem. However, when the system rejects me, if I am persistent and keep tapping the send and receive button, eventually the it seems to capitulate permitting me to send.
It is almost as if the BT system wants to control how many emails I send (usually less than 10 a day mostly to one person but always to less than 10 people).
If I use the web email interface, I can always send emails – but this wastes a significant amount of time when one is busy.
0 Ratings
Reply
Moderator
Moderator
108 Views
Message 6 of 7

Re: Sending and receiving emails abroad

Go to solution

Hi @ParkBVP ,

Welcome back to the Community and thanks for posting.

Sorry that you are having problems sending emails when you are not in the UK.

We would really like to take a look into this example. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

 

0 Ratings
Reply
Moderator
Moderator
58 Views
Message 7 of 7

Re: Sending and receiving emails abroad

Go to solution

Hi @ParkBVP 

Thanks for letting me know that the issue looks to have resolved itself. 

Please let me know if the issue comes back and we can re-open the case for you.

Matt