cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Sending email

Sorry but the changes made to BT Mail today are not working.  I cannot send an email except to treply to a received one.  If I press Compose I ger a blank form but when I try to enter To adresses from my Contacts, it does not select an address from my conact list. When I click on the arrow it shows my contact list but doesn't select the one I click on.  So here I am with email access un able to send an email!!!!! Not what I am paying for.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sending email

If you are wanting to compose a new email would you not expect the form to be blank?

If you mean there is no menu to select formatting of the email that will be because you are using plain text instead of rich text.

If you want to use Rich Text  log onto your email account and click on your user name at the top right. Select "settings" then click on "Mail" in the left hand column. 

In the "General Settings" section make sure that the box "Compose messages in Rich Text Format" is ticked then click "Save".

As regards populating the email address with you contact's details you can click on the word "To" and not the email address box. This will bring up your list of contacts and you then select the contact you want. Click on the contact's details then click on "select".

The other way to populate the address is to click in the address box and enter the Initial of the contact. This should bring up all the relevant contacts which you can then scroll until you find the one you want and click on it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Agree with all you say, but 2 days ago I could send an email and all the things you describe would happen, but as of the change in e mail format in BT Mail on 1 Feb I cannot. Have the changes really been tested???

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Have you tried logging out of your email account and then clearing the history and cookies from your web browser (from all time if your browser has that option)  then restart your browser to see if that helps.

See the following "Help" page not that it is much help but it does mention clearing cookies etc.

BT Email is changing | Help | BT | BT Help

0 Ratings